• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

is a pool table an allowable expense

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is a pool table an allowable expense

Some companies have xbox/pool table/table tennis and the like for staff or clients to relax at the office.

could you argue the same for ltd company with a home office ?

Ridiculous question. Read up on business expenses and make your own mind up. You are supposed to run a business so run one... Just try and work out if it is wholly and exclusively for your business
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

No. You can try and might get away with it - or they might crawl all over your accounts and get the rubber gloves out.

BP
      PS Sorry I am in the West End now - I miss our coffees. And you hurling abuse at me on my bike as you go past on your motorbike.....

Comment

Don't be silly
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Gotta be a wind-up
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post
            Some companies have xbox/pool table/table tennis and the like for staff or clients to relax at the office.
            It may be allowable if you have a large number of employees who work unsociable shift patterns and you provide a rest room for them. How many hundred people does your company employ? How many clients visit you in your office every day? Is your business involved in the manufacture of leisure equipment or computer games?

But remember that just because some other company has one, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was an allowable expense for them either, does it?
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              It may be allowable if you have a large number of employees who work unsociable shift patterns and you provide a rest room for them. How many hundred people does your company employ? How many clients visit you in your office every day? Is your business involved in the manufacture of leisure equipment or computer games?

But remember that just because some other company has one, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was an allowable expense for them either, does it?
              Good answer, but surely the OP was taking the mick?

Comment

Originally posted by CanPayButWouldRatherNot View Post

could you argue the same for ltd company with a home office ?
                Please accept this forum post as a legal exemption from any existing HMRC rules and guidelines. You can now go and purchase your pool table without fear of recrimination or court action.

This forum post is valid for one (1) year from date of issue, and also allows the recipient an exemption from any taxes, both business and personal, that might otherwise become due during that time.

Comment

Originally posted by captainham View Post
                  Please accept this forum post as a legal exemption from any existing HMRC rules and guidelines. You can now go and purchase your pool table without fear of recrimination or court action.

This forum post is valid for one (1) year from date of issue, and also allows the recipient an exemption from any taxes, both business and personal, that might otherwise become due during that time.
                  Yes. It is fine. I checked this with HMRC and got it in writing that it is allowable and have bought pool table. You need to get your company logo printed on baize or engraved on wood. Get an expensive one if on FRS so you can reclaim VAT on capital expense
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Why set your sights so low, build a tennis court with company funds

Comment

Working...
                    X