• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UK born and bread, looking to move to Australia

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the 457 you need to be very careful.

It is a sponsored visa. If for some reason you fall out with the company you are working for and they sack you, you have to find a new sponsor and job within 28 days otherwise your visa is cancelled and you have to leave Australia.
    Twitter: jonsmile

Comment

Originally posted by JonSmile View Post
      On the 457 you need to be very careful.

It is a sponsored visa. If for some reason you fall out with the company you are working for and they sack you, you have to find a new sponsor and job within 28 days otherwise your visa is cancelled and you have to leave Australia.
      So i need to be company boy, no arguing with the client/boss until i get my PR processed and accepted
      Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

457 is a very bad visa. You have no access to Medicare, you must pay for school for your children, you have no rights for unemployment and child benefits and there is no guarantee that you get PR after 3 years with 457 visa.

I'm personally going to move to Australia. I got 176 visa.
        I do really recommend to have a look at
        Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa or Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa visas

1xx visas give you PR status immediately you crossed an Australia border, however it is more bureaucratic to get it. For instance if you don't score enough points you must take IELTS exam even if you are English native speakers.

Regarding contracting, there is a PSI test legislation which more strict than IR35

Comment

Hmmm I've just been offered the chance to go work in NZ - it's a permie role but I don't think I could seriously consider working there because it'd be such a massive move for the family

Comment

Originally posted by dimazigel View Post
            457 is a very bad visa. You have no access to Medicare, you must pay for school for your children, you have no rights for unemployment and child benefits and there is no guarantee that you get PR after 3 years with 457 visa.

I'm personally going to move to Australia. I got 176 visa.
            I do really recommend to have a look at
            Skilled Independent (subclass 189) visa or Skilled - Nominated (subclass 190) visa visas

1xx visas give you PR status immediately you crossed an Australia border, however it is more bureaucratic to get it. For instance if you don't score enough points you must take IELTS exam even if you are English native speakers.

Regarding contracting, there is a PSI test legislation which more strict than IR35
            The 189 and 190 look interesting. Will investigate further
            Contracting: more of the money, less of the sh1t

Comment

Working...
            X