• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Real Time Information (RTI) Payroll Changes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC Real Time Information (RTI) Payroll Changes

Hi All,

Has anyone been notified by their accountant about the Revenue's changes to how PAYE information is reported.

A copy and paste from the HMRC website -

"In April 2013, employers must start sending PAYE information to HMRC in real time. This means sending details to HMRC every time you pay an employee, at the time you pay them.
    By providing this information in real time, HMRC will be able to tell you how much you should pay each month. This will make
    it easier for you to pay the right amount each time and help you to avoid making late payments and incurring penalties."

This also applies to the Director wage.

HM Revenue & Customs: Preparing to operate PAYE in real time

Yes we have, thanks.

PS. And if they suggest that you pay yourself an annual salary at the end of the financial year, fire their fat arses.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Yes we have, thanks.

PS. And if they suggest that you pay yourself an annual salary at the end of the financial year, fire their fat arses.
      Why?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Yes we have, thanks.

He advised me to switch from weekly to monthly salary.

SandyD - Under the new system, you need to report each salary to HMRC every time it is paid. If you pay yourself weekly wages, that would mean 52 submissions per year!
        Last edited by muser; 1 March 2013, 16:46.

Comment

Yes I was asking Jacko why should I fire an accountant who says I should pay the whole salary at the end of the year, sounds like a good way and less hassle

Comment

Briefing pack for our clients went out yesterday to our clients.

The advice we are working on is monthly, but asking clients to pay their salaries in last week of month.

I suspect every accountant will have their own preferred way of doing things and the only certainty is there's going to be a learning curve

Comment

If you don't need your salary that you've earned in the previous 12 months until the end of the financial year, that's OK Sandy.

But I don't expect to do stuff to the detriment of my financial situation just to make their lives easier.
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SandyD View Post
                Yes I was asking Jacko why should I fire an accountant who says I should pay the whole salary at the end of the year, sounds like a good way and less hassle
                Let your salary sit in a 0% account for 12 months just because the accountants don't want the hassle. I really don't think so.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Let your salary sit in a 0% account for 12 months just because the accountants don't want the hassle. I really don't think so.
                  Not really sure how much it saves anyway; even if you make no payroll payments, you still have to do a FPS submission under RTI to say there was no pay.

Comment

Had email from SJD and they are recommending an annual salary payment starting in March 2014. Not much use to me to have to wait until then for a salary I am more than entitled to.

Comment

Working...
                    X