• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Company Mileage

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Company Mileage

Sorry for the stupid question but does the company mileage reset to 0 miles from the company year end or the tax year end.
    Can't seem to find the answer

Ta

Originally posted by pcgtron View Post
    Sorry for the stupid question but does the company mileage reset to 0 miles from the company year end or the tax year end.
    Can't seem to find the answer

Ta
    Hi There,

It resets to zero at the start of the tax year (6th April 2013). 45 pence 1st 10,000 miles, then 25 pence there after.

Comment

Thanks very much

Comment

Originally posted by Nathan SJD Accountancy View Post
        Hi There,

It resets to zero at the start of the tax year (6th April 2013). 45 pence 1st 10,000 miles, then 25 pence there after.
        It also re-sets at the start of a new employment, so if you had been working through an umbrella and started your own company in he middle of the tax year, you can claim upto 10,000 miles at 45p through your own company.

Alan

Comment

What about company mileage when attending interviews ?

I've always put this in my mileage log

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post

It is a legimate expense so claim it. I always claim this from MyCo.

Comment

Interview?

I can't say that I've attended many interviews lately (other than the one with CID involving the guinea pigs. . .).

I have been invited to pitch business proposals to new clients though.

Comment

Maybe if you thought like a company you would realise it isn't an interview, it is a sales meeting where you are trying to get business for your company.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  Maybe if you thought like a company you would realise it isn't an interview, it is a sales meeting where you are trying to get business for your company.
                  Fair point. I'll get the agent to change the email request and all references of interview to sales meeting

Comment

Fair point. I'll get the agent to change the email request and all references of interview to sales meeting
                    They can call it what they want. It isn't them that runs your business.
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X