• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

accountant no filed corporation tax

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by swingm View Post
    I am having trouble getting hold of my accountant, the HMRC say he hasn't filed my companies accounts for three years and have given me a massive estimated tax bill and companies house are threatening to prosecute me if my accounts are not filed. Can anyone help? How do I get him to do the job asked or get my records from him so I can change accountant?
    Your new accountant can request all the relevant records in order to prepare the accounts. For future reference here is a useful link to CH website where you can sign up to filing reminders.

eReminder service

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
      Prediction: the OP will not post again under this username
      FTFY
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

How can you NOT know you've paid no corp. tax for three years?

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.

Comment

Originally posted by Project Monkey View Post
          How can you NOT know you've paid no corp. tax for three years?
          Accountant tells you to send them a cheque and they will pay it as your agent to HMRC
          Accountant gives you their bank details as HMRC
          You pay HMRC and accountant files a return with Nil tax owed and claims the repayment

Go directly to jail, do not pass go, do not collect £200.
          Is what happened to the accountant that did the above.

Comment

There should never be any need to make a tax payment direct to accountant.

Sometimes we request a HMRC cheque is sent to us, payable to "HMRC", so we can send it on with allocation instructions - useful if there is a reference problem at HMRC - but anyone who is asked to pay a tax amount via a payment made out to their accountant should be on their guard.

Comment

advise please!

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
              This.

I have an alert set up with Companies House to let me know when things are being filed - if I don't get one at the right kind of time, I then start to worry.
              How do you do this? My Husband has registered his company through his accountant's address - even for all letters from HMRC to go there!!! Also, we pay the accountant directly, not HMRC when it comes to year end 😟

Comment

Originally posted by Bella15 View Post
                How do you do this? My Husband has registered his company through his accountant's address - even for all letters from HMRC to go there!!! Also, we pay the accountant directly, not HMRC when it comes to year end [emoji45]
                Really? (The last bit). I'd stop that immediately. Google Darren Upton if you want to know why.

Comment

I agree with Alan on the last bit why are you paying your accountant Corporation tax only a recipe for disaster !

Comment

Originally posted by Bella15 View Post
                    How do you do this? My Husband has registered his company through his accountant's address - even for all letters from HMRC to go there!!! Also, we pay the accountant directly, not HMRC when it comes to year end 😟
                    HMRC and Companies House are different government agencies.

Also any time a business for example an accountant or a solicitor asks you to pay funds to them to be transferred to a third party you should confirm they have a client account* otherwise pay all money directly to that third party.

*Solicitors have to do so and so do accountants regulated by ICAEW
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

accountant no filed corporation tax

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      Also any time a business for example an accountant or a solicitor asks you to pay funds to them to be transferred to a third party TELL THEM NO

*Solicitors have to do so and so do accountants regulated by ICAEW
                      FTFY

Unless it's a house purchase or suchlike. But I can think of no reason why an accountant would work this way.

Comment

Working...
                      X