• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is anyone using the same ltd company for App Store trading and contracting?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One last thing. I know of some app developers who think they need to complete an EC sales list as a result of their supply to Apple SARL. I never did, never had any problems. I'm not sure if this really is the case but might be worth checking.

A more thorough description of the relationship between you and Apple in the EU can be found here:
    http://www.enigmaticape.com/blog/the...ore-and-uk-vat

Also note that HMRC guidance says you should include your out of scope supplies in box 6. I'm not sure that this is the case if you are on the flat rate scheme, I always did which did lead to me having a VAT enquiry basically wanting to know why the VAT I was paying seemed low compared to my turnover (at least I think that's what triggered it). Once I provided evidence of lots of out of scope sales (not just app sales, but contracting for US clients) they were happy.
    Last edited by TheCyclingProgrammer; 23 August 2013, 23:22.

Comment

Working...
    X