• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor SIPP (advice for 2013)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
    Finally - make sure you max out your ISA first, much more flexible access options.
    Trouble with this though is you need to pay the tax to get it out the Ltd - which unless you can get by on less than the 40% threshold will cost... which is a reason to look at investing from the company no?

[Edit: will cost regardless of which tax band you're in]
    "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

If you make company funded SIPP contributions you tell HL (or whoever) of that fact and they then do not make a tax claim. It's very tax efficient way to get the money out of the company.
      Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
      Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

Agreed - for getting money out of the company it is a good option if that is first priority but if it's personal contributions it's not as clear.
        Personally I am doing both because I can see 55 from here but if I was 32, I might want a bit more control.

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
          Agreed - for getting money out of the company it is a good option if that is first priority but if it's personal contributions it's not as clear.
          Personally I am doing both because I can see 55 from here but if I was 32, I might want a bit more control.
          The closer you are to 55 (I'm 56) the more attractive it becomes as you can take the 25% tax free lump sum from age 55 onwards. I'm maxing out my SIPP contributions.

Comment

So for contributions from my own limited company it's just a very tax efficient way of taking money out of the company - basically I don't pay any tax when taking that money out (as opposed to divi tax etc. if I was doing contributions from a personal source)?

Comment

Originally posted by faxfan View Post
              So for contributions from my own limited company it's just a very tax efficient way of taking money out of the company - basically I don't pay any tax when taking that money out (as opposed to divi tax etc. if I was doing contributions from a personal source)?
              Yes, SIPP contributions are an allowable expense for your co ltd. As a bonus, it "IR35 proofs" that portion of your turnover too.

Comment

Efficient Market Hypothesis / Random Walk

For anyone who's interested.

http://emlab.berkeley.edu/~craine/Ec...ent%20Mkts.pdf

Comment

Working...
                X