• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Solicitor recommendations ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solicitor recommendations ?

Hi,

I'm looking for a solicitor to chase an overdue invoice through the courts and wondered if anyone here has any personal recommendations ? MyCo is located in Sussex and ClientCo in Surrey if it makes any difference.

I have already sent the 3-letter sequence and still not been paid so...

Note: I specifically want a solicitor in preference to a debt collection agency.

Many thanks,

Boo

If you want to PM me I can give you details of a litigator I use. IMV, and I've used a few lawyers over the years, red hot on debt work and recovery.

Comment

Have you tried Safe Collections? They post on here regularly with useful information and seem to know their stuff. Their website also has a load of useful stuff on it.

I would use a solicitor as last resort and forget the 'process' and go in all guns blazing first. Being a pain in the ass will be just as effective I believe. Dun the tulip out of them mailing every day and don't stop ringing them until it is sorted I would say. Three letters isn't going to raise any concerns IMO.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X