• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Directors Loan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Directors Loan

Hi Experts,

I need your expert advise, I have taken a director's loan for my myself being the director in dec 12. My companies accounting period runs from Oct - Sep every year. My query is there is suppose to be a 4% interest which I need to pay my company back, apparatently when I took the loan I did not do due deligence and was just aware that I need to pay it completely back within 9 months of company accounting period ends to avoid any co-operation tax. I am running 09th month since I took the loan, just wondering what happens with the interest I missed to pay till now, will it be fine if I pay the interest for the entire year now? Please advise, the amount I took out as directors loan is 50K GBP.

Thanks in advance.

Originally posted by vj121982 View Post
    I need to get an accountant
    FTFY

Comment

And because you do I'll move it to the right forum.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

You have been paying interest since you took the loan out though. That's what your company accounts show isn't it. I mean a transaction every month for 0.33% of the loan.

If you have no idea at the massive hint I'm dropping, you really need an accountant.

Comment

Originally posted by vj121982 View Post
          Hi Experts,

I need your expert advise, I have taken a director's loan for my myself being the director in dec 12. My companies accounting period runs from Oct - Sep every year. My query is there is suppose to be a 4% interest which I need to pay my company back, apparatently when I took the loan I did not do due deligence and was just aware that I need to pay it completely back within 9 months of company accounting period ends to avoid any co-operation tax. I am running 09th month since I took the loan, just wondering what happens with the interest I missed to pay till now, will it be fine if I pay the interest for the entire year now? Please advise, the amount I took out as directors loan is 50K GBP.

Thanks in advance.
          Firstly it is advice you are looking for and not advise...

Secondly you admit you did a pretty poor job of reseraching this first and it appears you are continuing to do a pretty poor job of it. You are so deep in the doo doo with this one you really need to do things a bit better. There are plenty of threads about this if you try the search method as described below...
          http://forums.contractoruk.com/welco...uk-forums.html

Also you would be much better getting some professional advise and not asking on a free forum of contractors where a couple of accountants give their time for free but don't really care at the end of the day.

Google would also be a better bet for you than just asking here as well.

If you are going to start pulling sums like that out of your company without researching you are going to have to be prepared for some real problems. The fact you think you think it is called 'co-operation tax' is just shameful.

Remember as a director you are legally responsible for your company's finances. I would say from reading this your are failing that responsibly miserably. I can only think with this level of knowledge you are just a troll.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

HM Revenue & Customs: Directors' loan accounts and Corporation Tax explained

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Also you would be much better getting some professional advise...
              advice

Muphry's law?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014
              Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
              Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                I am so made of fail it hurts!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I am so made of fail it hurts!
                  Haha, that's the second grammar nazism fail I've read of yours today!

Comment

Originally posted by GillsMan View Post
                    Haha, that's the second grammar nazism fail I've read of yours today!
                    LOL great picture that. I just want to be as clever as TheFaQQer but coming from Yorkshire and correcting English don't really go hand in hand..... I can only learn from my mistakes which would make one think I have learned a lot.. but it seems not.

Comment

Working...
                    X