• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 Buddy - worth a closer look, maybe

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IR35 Buddy - worth a closer look, maybe

So just come across this website, talking about IR35.....heads-up for those who haven't seen/heard...

Looks to be a one-stop-shop attempt at clearing the ever-muddying waters

Discuss
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 October 2016, 08:18.
    latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Originally posted by kevpuk View Post
    So just come across this article, talking about IR35.....heads-up for those who haven't seen/heard...
    So apart from a money making scheme what does it actually offer me that PCG Plus or Qdos doesn't
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 28 October 2016, 08:19.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      So apart from a money making scheme what does it actually offer me that PCG Plus or Qdos doesn't
      Maybe not a lot, tbh I haven't really read much more into yet, but thought I would throw it out here to the populous.
      Could easily be nothing more than money-making scheme, for sure....

Comment

Maybe not a lot, tbh I haven't really read much more into yet, but thought I would throw it out here to the populous.
        Could easily be nothing more than money-making scheme, for sure....
        Well the article tells me nothing so my first assumption is that they are very late to the party
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I view this as no different to EBT Scheme providers - an artificial structure to get around IR35.

If you are genuinely self-employed then you don't need such vehicles - your very business protects you.

If you aren't then good luck with it.

I wouldn't touch it with yours - a waste of money which gives a false sense of security. I'm sticking with my own business plan and practices and using PCG as a back-stop.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            I view this as no different to EBT Scheme providers - an artificial structure to get around IR35.

If you are genuinely self-employed then you don't need such vehicles - your very business protects you.

If you aren't then good luck with it.

I wouldn't touch it with yours - a waste of money which gives a false sense of security. I'm sticking with my own business plan and practices and using PCG as a back-stop.
            Have to concur with this on the whole. I am happy with my Accountant's and QDOS review of contracts, and PCG+ on top. To date, too, I am comfortable with working practice(s) with clients.

Still, always good to read about the latest-and-greatest(TM) 'solution' on offer

Comment

My impression is that it puts a lot of emphasis on the Business Entity Tests, which are HMRC's wishful view of the world and do not have the force of law.
              ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Still, always good to read about the latest-and-greatest(TM) 'solution' on offer

Duly noted. I'd put that in your sig.

latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I have had it with Contractor Weekly. They have a habit of writing an 'article' about a single solution which tends to be very misleading and the solution is tulip.

I suspect it is nothing more than a paid advert. They did the same with some invoice factoring service that turned out to be little use to anyone that knew even the slightest about contracting.

I would hardly call this type of article a useful and informative piece of information for experienced contractors.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Too much use of the copyright sign on everything, so that you might think that it's a registered trademark, instead of just a spurious ASCII character.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014
                    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Working...
                    X