• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cater Allen Questions

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
    Why not just do a bank transfer?
    What's the point of the debit card then?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
      What's the point of the debit card then?
      I was suggesting an alternative to when it doesn't work.
      Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
        I was suggesting an alternative to when it doesn't work.
        It was quicker to just use another card, thanks
        This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          The bizarre thing it does, but is of no concern, is that debit card payments are still pending from over 4 weeks ago. It's no difficulty really, just need to be aware for bank reconciliations.
          That's due to it being a "deferred debit" card. It's all explained in the booklet they sent you about it. You did read that, didn't you?

Also, on the online banking system you can see the deferred payments and the date they'll actually be taken from the account.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            That's due to it being a "deferred debit" card. It's all explained in the booklet they sent you about it. You did read that, didn't you?

Also, on the online banking system you can see the deferred payments and the date they'll actually be taken from the account.
            I'm not sure I see much point in a deferred debit card in today's ultra low interest rate environment. Sure, there can be a three week delay in debiting your account for purchases so that you can earn interest on that money in the intervening time.

Oh wait, interest is only payable if you have more than £100k in your account... and even if you have £500k, it is all of 0.4%.

Maybe it will all be worthwhile in a few years when interest rates are back to sensible levels...

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
              I'm not sure I see much point in a deferred debit card in today's ultra low interest rate environment. Sure, there can be a three week delay in debiting your account for purchases so that you can earn interest on that money in the intervening time.

Oh wait, interest is only payable if you have more than £100k in your account... and even if you have £500k, it is all of 0.4%.

Maybe it will all be worthwhile in a few years when interest rates are back to sensible levels...
              CA used to pay interest on all balances; the deferred card is probably a leftover from those halcyon days. Also, they undoubtedly have customers who run real businesses rather than contractor-style one-person-bands, and who have balances above £100,000.

Comment

Working...
              X