• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Limited Company -Cancelling Accountant's Services - Do It Yourself

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Limited Company -Cancelling Accountant's Services - Do It Yourself

I run a limited company as the sole Director I am thinking of cancelling the services of my accountant and doing my company's tax, VAT/PAYE, Salary and dividends all myself.

What information do I need to ask my current accountant? Is there a list of items that I need to ask my current accountant to provide me with?

Can anyone share their experience of doing their Limited Company's account themselves without the help of an accountant

It will depended on what they do for you and what you do yourself already.

Payroll year to date - record of deductions, copy of all RTI submissions, and all,other payroll records held.

If they do your bookkeeping, then you'll need trial balance and nominal,ledger year to date, plus return of prime records.

Copies of all vat returns and vat workings.

As a matter of law, all papers relating to tax compliance are your property. Likewise basic accounting records are, pursuant to the Companies Act, your property. The accountants own schedules and correspondence are theirs.

Comment

Working...
    X