• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Filing annual accounts help

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing annual accounts help

Can anyone help I need to file my annual accounts this month, usually my accountant does but that means my full accounts are filed. I rather file abbreviated accounts.
    I am using the web filing online and its asking for my information than the abbreviated accounts given my accountant.
    ----------
    Abbreviated Balance Sheet
    Current: Called up share capital not paid Previous: Called up share capital not paid
    Fixed assets
    Current: Intangible assets Previous: Intangible assets
    Current: Tangible assets Previous: Tangible assets
    Current: Investments Previous: Investments

Current: Total fixed assets Previous: Total fixed assets
    Current assets
    Current: Stocks Previous: Stocks
    Current: Debtors Current: Debtors
    Current: Investments Previous: Investments
    Current: Cash at bank and in hand Previous: Cash at bank and in hand
    Current: Total current assets Previous: Total current assets
    Current: Prepayments and accrued income Previous: Prepayments and accrued income
    Current: Creditors: amounts falling due within one year Previous: Creditors: amounts falling due within one year

Current: Net current assets (liabilities) Previous: Net current assets (liabilities)
    Current: Total assets less current liabilities Previous: Total assets less current liabilities
    Current: Creditors: amounts falling due after more than one year Previous: Creditors: amounts falling due after more than one year
    Current: Provisions for liabilities Previous: Provisions for liabilities
    Current: Accruals and deferred income Previous: Accruals and deferred income
    Current: Total net assets (liabilities) Previous: Total net assets (liabilities)
    Capital and reserves
    Current: Called up share capital Previous: Called up share capital
    Current: Share premium account Previous: Share premium account

Current: Revaluation reserve Previous: Revaluation reserv
    Current: Other reserves Previous: Other reserves
    Current: Profit and loss account Previous: Profit and loss account
    ------------------------

any help welcome

Don't want to be rude but seems you pay your accountant for his services can you not ask him to do abbreviated ones? You pay him so to some extent he should be helping you no?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It seems your accountant has produced full accounts - as required by shareholders. And also abbreviated. But he normally files full.

Further it seems that you feel the abbreviated accounts dont meet co house requirements. I would be surprised if they didnt. It may well simply be that some of the headings alluded to are not relevant. There is notying in the abbreviated accounts that I can think of that is not simply derivable from the full.

Tell your accountants you would prefer to file abbreviated and see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        It seems your accountant has produced full accounts - as required by shareholders. And also abbreviated. But he normally files full.

Further it seems that you feel the abbreviated accounts dont meet co house requirements. I would be surprised if they didnt. It may well simply be that some of the headings alluded to are not relevant. There is notying in the abbreviated accounts that I can think of that is not simply derivable from the full.

Tell your accountants you would prefer to file abbreviated and see what they say.
        my accountant can file full accounts as they tell me they do this when they file with HMRC for me, and have done so for past few years. I now realise as I am learning that I can file abbreviated accounts with less information submitted, my accountant cannot file this for me. I can do this online with Co House, not via post as I PROOF activated with Co House.
        the list I quoted above was for the input fields from Co House online abbreviated accounts filing - much more than I was expecting.

what do others file? full or abbreviated accounts?

Comment

My accountants used to file abbrieviated. I guess the filing has changed in recent years.

The main difference is no p and l and no directors report.

Most cos who can do file abbrieviated. I guess just because it gives a bit more privacy.

Edit: no I filed them. Just signed and sent off with a tenner. Before electronic filing.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
            Most cos who can do file abbrieviated. I guess just because it gives a bit more privacy.

that is my preference but appears it asks for more information that the abbreviated type given by my accountant (end of year summary) in terms of data input fields...just gathering others experience and advice

Comment

My accountant files abbreviated accounts as a matter of course. If yours won't then maybe you should switch to one who will. You're the customer after all!
              Last edited by aoxomoxoa; 7 December 2013, 13:03. Reason: Grammar!

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
                My accountant files abbreviated accounts as a matter of course. If yours won't then maybe you should switch to one who will. You're the customer after all!
                by which method do they file that for you? my accountant uses the HMRC gateway and says abbreviated are not accepted that route.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel View Post
                  by which method do they file that for you? my accountant uses the HMRC gateway and says abbreviated are not accepted that route.
                  Good question. I think they use snail mail but not sure.

Comment

I've done abbreviated accounts myself the last few years, and before that I think the accountant did the same.

And Yes I always did it online via HMRC's pdf. And it does include P&L and a director's report.
                    Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
                    X