The 24 Month Rule in a nutshell The 24 Month Rule in a nutshell - Page 25
Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425
Posts 241 to 245 of 245

Nervous Newbie

Excellent suggestions, I've cancelled the contract and they're open to me negotiating a new one. Interestingly my accountant finally decided to advise me to resign then negotiate a new contract but keep the days worked below 40%.

My post count is Majestic

Quote Originally Posted by NobbyClark View Post
    Excellent suggestions, I've cancelled the contract and they're open to me negotiating a new one. Interestingly my accountant finally decided to advise me to resign then negotiate a new contract but keep the days worked below 40%.
    I hope he said a bit more than that because advice about keeping it below 40% isn't right as you've stated it. It's 40% over the entire period, not just from now on.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Nervous Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by northernladuk View Post
    I hope he said a bit more than that because advice about keeping it below 40% isn't right as you've stated it. It's 40% over the entire period, not just from now on.
    Yes that’s what I thought!

Nervous Newbie

Default Ad hoc visit to another site post 24 months

I am hoping to get renewed on my current contract (ends 31st dec). If extended, and from the date of the extension is known I will cease claiming travel expenses as that will take me past the 24 month rule.

However my client has another site - 400 mile round trip and requires an over night hotel (e.g travel monday evening, overnight stop, work all day tues, then travel back).

In the last 6 month period of my contract I have done this trip only 3 times and would expect to make the same number of trips next year (6 month extension). As the other site would not be my ‘permanent site’ post 24 months, am I able to reclaim the expenses to the other site?
    Last edited by gwynfryn; 24th November 2019 at 21:45. Reason: Spelling

Double Godlike!

Walking in the garden, dreaming of Olivia...

Quote Originally Posted by gwynfryn View Post
    I am hoping to get renewed on my current contract (ends 31st dec). If extended, and from the date of the extension is known I will cease claiming travel expenses as that will take me past the 24 month rule.

However my client has another site - 400 mile round trip and requires and over night hotel (e.g travel monday evening, overnight stop, work all day tues, then travel back).

In the last 6 month period of my contract I have done this trip only 3 times and would expect to make the same number of trips next year (6 month extension). As the other site would not be my ‘permanent site’ post 24 months, am I able to reclaim the expenses to the other site?
    Yes. Its not your permanent workplace.
    Blog? What blog...?