• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Logging into Online SA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Logging into Online SA

I logged into SA for my other half and completed her tax return.

So I know the user id and password is correct.

Got as far as submitting and it wants the user id and password again. Fair enough. Though it rejected it, 3 times and logged me out. I'm sure I typed it correctly.

Now I can't log in. I know it times you out for 2 hours, so I have left it; but still can't log in.

I tried the helpline, who didn't. Since she is not here to authorise them to talk to me they wouldn't really help. The general help they gave was precisely no use at all.

So has anybody had similar issues and managed to figure out what to do?

Sorry, no idea, as we use a different online filing platform, available to tax agents.

However if you are still stuck in the middle of next week, then shout and I would be happy to enter the figures into our system and submit for you in return for something to the RNLI - doesn't make you a client of ours, just short circuits HMRCs IT - and may be preferable to getting penalties and appealing them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jessica@WhiteFieldTax View Post
      Sorry, no idea, as we use a different online filing platform, available to tax agents.

However if you are still stuck in the middle of next week, then shout and I would be happy to enter the figures into our system and submit for you in return for something to the RNLI - doesn't make you a client of ours, just short circuits HMRCs IT - and may be preferable to getting penalties and appealing them.
      Jessica , you could be my saviour! If I am still stuck I shall pitch the details over.

I'm never sure if "your stupid system wasn't working" is legitimate grounds for appeal.

Comment

Originally posted by ASB View Post
        I'm never sure if "your stupid system wasn't working" is legitimate grounds for appeal.
        I helped a friend with something like this, I wrote a letter stating the exact date, time etc. that it failed due to their site not functioning properly and they waived the penalty.

I'm sure Jessicca will have it sorted for you before considering the need for this

Comment

Success. I still couldn't get it to work on my notebook, but I managed to do it on my other halfs lappy.

No idea what the problem was, but pleased it's gone away.

I could only manage to find a uniform cleaning allowance and some excess mileage to claim for her. Still every little helps and she should get 125 quid refund now which she didn't know about.

Comment

Working...
          X