• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Overseas Shareholder Expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Overseas Shareholder Expenses

Hi

I am an overseas shareholder visits UK for local business work. I wanted to know how my expenses are treated when I visit UK for local company business and expenses incurred such as fuel, mobile etc, considering we are VAT registered? Do I have a threshold?

Are my dividends subject to tax as well? if so what is the %?

Any links on HRMC site that talks about shareholder expenses? I have invested in a few assets purchased from the company account, can these be reimbursed back to me without tax being applicable?

In order to know what the tax implications of your dividends are we'd need to know where you're tax resident and possibly where you're domiciled.

If you're incurring expenses or disbursements on behalf of a company then you could issue an invoice. If you're not personally registered for VAT then you won't charge the company any VAT. Whether or not there are any VAT requirements for the company depends on whether they recharge the client for any of these, and whether they are expenses or disbursements.

What does your accountant say?
    ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

The devil will be in the details and as ever you haven't given us many. I suspect there is a lot more to this than you are telling us. Are you visiting for a meeting or something or are you 'visiting' to do a 3 month contract?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        The devil will be in the details and as ever you haven't given us many. I suspect there is a lot more to this than you are telling us. Are you visiting for a meeting or something or are you 'visiting' to do a 3 month contract?
        Yeah my Spidey senses are tingling too, my money's on income shifting....

Comment

Working...
        X