• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Business Bank Account - Registering without a UK address

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Silly question maybe, but where is your new company's registered address?

Comment

Do you have a personal UK bank account? Because going to the same bank is probably the easiest way if you did. I presume not.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Getting paid without a UK bank account

Hi to all!

I know this is a somewhat dated thread, but we are in a similar situation (so thought better to add here rather than starting a new one). I am due to start working on a contract in the UK; we have had to set up a UK limited for that purpose as the client refused to sign a contract with our non-UK based company. However, we cannot open a UK bank account as we are not based in the UK and I am only going to be in the UK few days per week so will be staying in hotels/private rooms which means that we will not have a UK address which banks as for.

Since there is nothing explicitly stated in the contract itself about the method of payment, can we invoice the client to pay us in some other way (not to a UK bank account), for example via Skrill? And what happens if the client refuses? Will that constitute a breach of contract (work performed but not paid for)? Who dictates the method of payment once a contract is signed?

Thanks a lot

Comment

Have you tried speaking to the Agent? I am assuming they know you are not based in the UK
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Have you tried speaking to the Agent? I am assuming they know you are not based in the UK
            Hi SimonMac. Thank you for replying to my post. Yes, the client knows that we are not based in the UK, but I have not yet discussed with them payments as I first wanted to check what the legal status of this issue is: the contract is signed, the work is performed and accepted, who specified the method of payment? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Confounded View Post
              Yes, the client knows that we are not based in the UK, but I have not yet discussed with them payments as I first wanted to check what the legal status of this issue is: the contract is signed, the work is performed and accepted, who specified the method of payment? Thanks
              It sounds like you are not working through an agency. I can't see why the client would not deal with a foreign company unless it is from dodgy jurisdiction. However the big mystery is: how did you get into this situation? Why are you dealing with a client who is not prepared to deal with you, in effect?
              "Don't part with your illusions; when they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live" Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
                It sounds like you are not working through an agency. I can't see why the client would not deal with a foreign company unless it is from dodgy jurisdiction. However the big mystery is: how did you get into this situation? Why are you dealing with a client who is not prepared to deal with you, in effect?
                Hi Cirrus. Thank you for replying to my post.

Technically, the contract is with an agency, but I don't see what the difference is. I think we are drifting off topic here; I will restate my question here again:

If there is nothing explicitly stated in the contract about the method of payment, the contract is signed, the work is completed and accepted by the client, can the contractor specify the method of payment and what happens if the client/agency refuses to pay for work in the specified way?

Thank you

Comment

Hi to all!

I know this is a somewhat dated thread, but we are in a similar situation (so thought better to add here rather than starting a new one). I am due to start working on a contract in the UK; we have had to set up a UK limited for that purpose as the client refused to sign a contract with our non-UK based company. However, we cannot open a UK bank account as we are not based in the UK and I am only going to be in the UK few days per week so will be staying in hotels/private rooms which means that we will not have a UK address which banks as for.

Since there is nothing explicitly stated in the contract itself about the method of payment, can we invoice the client to pay us in some other way (not to a UK bank account), for example via Skrill? And what happens if the client refuses? Will that constitute a breach of contract (work performed but not paid for)? Who dictates the method of payment once a contract is signed?

Thanks a lot
                  Honestly, walk away.....

You need to have a business bank account. The money invoiced belongs to your company and only becomes yours when paid in the correct way and tax deducted at source where necessary.

Comment

Hi Cirrus. Thank you for replying to my post.

Technically, the contract is with an agency, but I don't see what the difference is. I think we are drifting off topic here; I will restate my question here again:

If there is nothing explicitly stated in the contract about the method of payment, the contract is signed, the work is completed and accepted by the client, can the contractor specify the method of payment and what happens if the client/agency refuses to pay for work in the specified way?

Thank you
                    It's very simple then. You have a contract with the agency, to perform work on their behalf at the end client. You are therefore contracted to be paid by the agency. Simply contact the agency and ask if they can pay you how you want to be paid. If they cannot, then discuss what they can offer. If there isn't anything then you're going to struggle.
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Who dictates the method of payment once a contract is signed?
                      In this case the client.
                      I believe you will need the UK based business account for a UK based LTD company.

When you posted, previously, people did suggest you may face these types of issues.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X