• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Accountant Selection Advice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    Never got as far as year end as had had enough . Joined after being recommended by the agent for my first contract (I know I was young and naive back then, he obviously got a kickback). They were expensive at £140 + vat. My lists of complaints: Never spoke to the same person twice, CK took days of chasing to get any responses back to my questions (they all seemed to be accounts clerks and admin people) , got basic remittances wrong (i.e. forgetting to account for expenses, even though I had to scan and email over receipts). No record of dividend vouchers (even though they were supposed to be sorting it). In the end I got fed up and left (and yes paid the £200 odd quid to do so). Am now with Forbes Young, fill in a nice easy spreadsheet, get prompt replies and pro-active tax advice from an actual account and my LTD is saving £65 a month into the bargain!
    FTFY
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      FTFY
      Haha, yes

Comment

Working...
      X