• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Good Professional Indemnity Insurance with E-Risks for Gaming Industry Contractors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Professional Indemnity Insurance with E-Risks for Gaming Industry Contractors

Hi, I'm a contract programmer working mainly for the games industry. I've been searching for a new provider for my professional indemnity insurance that provides good E-risks cover. The only two I've been able to find that are reasonably straightforward for a sole trading contractor are Hiscox (as recommended through this site) and Policy Bee, who are re-selling for Hiscox in any case.

There are two problems with the Hiscox E-risk cover. First of all it does not offer any cover for damages caused by self replicating code not targeted at me (I'm assuming this means things like Cryptolocker for example), which leaves a massive hazard area wide open. Secondly they ask you to verify that you don't work in Gambling or Gaming, which means my policy would be invalid anyway!

I'm very sensible about security but would love to have at least some basic cover for E-risks. Does anyone know of any other good providers for this kind of cover?

Many Thanks

You're a sole trader?
    "it's people like Jim, Jim MacDonald, who keep me going,"

tulip in your flowerbed

Comment

Yes, I'm a sole trader.

Comment

Originally posted by TimOfTheSea View Post
        Yes, I'm a sole trader.
        I don't know any other Sole Traders here. You may get advice from QDOS or someone. Maybe try a Freelancer forum?

Comment

Working...
        X