• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reimbursing backdated expenses after giving notice? Please help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brother52 View Post
    As I already mentioned, the company employs an experienced immigration solicitor who knows a more about how Tier 2 works than most people on discussion boards. Yes, it will not work for any random contract, but it will for some where "direction and control" can be shown to originate from the sponsor, and there is no agency in between.

They will be paying 20K as a reimbursment, in addition to my salary.
    So you weren't paid on a per diem basis? funny, thought you said you were on £400/day, ie as a contractor.....

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
      So they'll be paying the 20K tax free - is that what you're saying?
      Suspect OP is just saying that to avoid losing face and end the pile-on....

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        So you weren't paid on a per diem basis? funny, thought you said you were on £400/day, ie as a contractor.....
        The daily arragnement exists only between them and the client. I am their employee, so it is monthly salary + bonus + expenses for me.

Comment

Originally posted by brother52 View Post
          The daily arragnement exists only between them and the client. I am their employee, so it is monthly salary + bonus + expenses for me.
          What is the name of your employer?
          Why do they believe it is necessary for them to employ an immigration solicitor?
          I'm not even an atheist so much as I am an antitheist; I not only maintain that all religions are versions of the same untruth, but I hold that the influence of churches, and the effect of religious belief, is positively harmful. [Christopher Hitchens]

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
            Suspect OP is just saying that to avoid losing face and end the pile-on....
            Think you're probably right Stek
            Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
            X