• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

invoice template for a UK limited company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

invoice template for a UK limited company

Hi all,

This is my first post so please be nice!
    This might be an unusual question for this forum.
    I work in India and would like to invoice a client in the UK. Would a normal UK invoice template (with amount in sterling and VAT) suffice or do I need to send the invoice with amount in Rupees (Indian Currency) and Service Tax (used in Indian Businesses) on it ?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
    D

You would be best contacting the client's accounts department and asking them.

Comment

What Batcher said. It can depend to a certain extent on where the service was performed, but also what the client wants, and what you previously agreed (e.g. did you quote in sterling or rupees). You may need to find out if you need to pay tax to HMRC on any earnings (I've no idea whether you would need to, but it's worth double-checking - if you owe it, pay it).

Comment

Are you VAT registered? If not you don't charge VAT.

Normally the currency to be invoiced would be agreed up front - speak to the client and find out what they're expecting. Speak to an accountant and find out what you need to do with regards to tax.

Comment

Considering the rate at which the Rs has been devaluing against the £, you might be better off invoicing in £ and leaving the funds in a Sterling denominated account with ICICI or another internationally capable bank.

Comment

Working...
          X