PDA

View Full Version : Bob, knob, bob-a-flobablob

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 11:13
Are we allowed to start a thread with Bob in it?

Cojak deleted my thread on Indian penis size
????? deleted my thread on how to treat bobs who post here(if there are any).

Is this some sort of racism thing against Bobs?

d000hg
3rd July 2014, 11:24
Why the fascination with penis size?

Pondlife
3rd July 2014, 11:26
You are working at a client's site and are asked your opinion on a potential candidate for a role . The quality of the work produced by this candidate will have a direct impact on your deliverables.

Somehow you acertain that the candidate is a poster on here and for your own reasons you think this person is a complete tool. This opinion is based on things they've posted on here only and you have no idea if this is just a sockpuppet, internet persona or anything about their non CUK existence. It maybe that they come across as an idiot/racist/keyboardwarrior/tonyblairapologist/CAGWfanatic/denier whatever, you just think they're a tool. Their CV, however fabricated, reads as a good fit for the role.

What do you do?

Unix
3rd July 2014, 11:29
You are working at a client's site and are asked your opinion on a potential candidate for a role . The quality of the work produced by this candidate will have a direct impact on your deliverables.

Somehow you acertain that the candidate is a poster on here and for your own reasons you think this person is a complete tool. This opinion is based on things they've posted on here only and you have no idea if this is just a sockpuppet, internet persona or anything about their non CUK existence. It maybe that they come across as an idiot/racist/keyboardwarrior/tonyblairapologist/CAGWfanatic/denier whatever, you just think they're a tool. Their CV, however fabricated, reads as a good fit for the role.

What do you do?

Depends, is he a bob? :tongue

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 11:31
I did go to school with a boy who had a different knob. Not sure how the other kids found out - but he was mercilessly teased. I seem to remember feeling sorry for him - I hope I did not join in.

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 11:33
Why the fascination with penis size?

:confused:

Should I be looking this up on urban dictionary?

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:33
There is a lot of casual sexism on CUK from the male contingent. Does that make you treat male CUK posters differently?

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:34
Just askin'.

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 11:35
There is a lot of casual sexism on CUK from the male contingent. Does that make you treat male CUK posters differently?

No. As there are no female posters on here. They are all male posters pretending to be women.

When "MudSkipper" was on L2B she finally admitted she was Admin's wife.

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:35
I did go to school with a boy who had a different knob. Not sure how the other kids found out - but he was mercilessly teased. I seem to remember feeling sorry for him - I hope I did not join in.

Did the rest of you share the same knob?

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:37
No. As there are no female posters on here. They are all male posters pretending to be women.

When "MudSkipper" was on L2B she finally admitted she was Admin's wife.

So that's who AndyW's mum is.

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 11:38
Interesting new interview question - what is your poster name on CUK?

I would say NIckFitz - guaranteed to get the gig every time.

Some big companies ask permies for their facebook page.

vetran
3rd July 2014, 11:44
I didn't get the gig :ohwell

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:46

What do you do?

If they can fabricate a good CV, that's good enough for me.

TheFaQQer
3rd July 2014, 11:47

You may find the exact opposite - that female posters pretend to be male because they don't want to face a barrage of misogynistic comments that they may face if certain people thought they were female.

northernladuk
3rd July 2014, 11:48

What do you do?

Looks like I have been rumbled. How much do you want to keep schtum???

OwlHoot
3rd July 2014, 11:48

Somehow you acertain that the candidate is a poster on here and for your own reasons you think this person is a complete tool. ...

Did this candidate mention something about flogging sleds by the lorryload at the first sign of snow?

vetran
3rd July 2014, 11:49
Did this candidate mention something about buying sleds by the lorryload at the first predictions of snow?

FTFY

TheFaQQer
3rd July 2014, 11:50
What do you do?

Hope that their online persona is completely different from their real-life one, and not let it get in the way.

And if they turn out to be a knob, keep quiet that you thought they might be a knob.

Pondlife
3rd July 2014, 11:51
I didn't get the gig :ohwell

Looks like I have been rumbled. How much do you want to keep schtum???

All across London once hopeful cukkers are standing up and walking out of reception shaking their heads in disbelief.

:D

Pondlife
3rd July 2014, 11:54
You may find the exact opposite - that female posters pretend to be male because they don't want to face a barrage of misogynistic comments that they may face if certain people thought they were female.

I think most just disable PMs.

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 11:55
I think most just disable PMs.

As a project manager, I find that worrying.

CloudWalker
3rd July 2014, 11:56
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/09/097c9411a62c32d283d912bcd7b7db5d9cb30a5605eb51a70c aabeb7b839ecd1.jpg

eek
3rd July 2014, 12:08
As a project manager, I find that worrying.

I think its an occupational hazard as a PM and one that most I have encountered actually deserve.

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 12:09
I think its an occupational hazard as a PM and one that most I have encountered actually deserve.

:spel it's

Probably fair enough. I try to avoid PM gigs if I possibly can, but sometimes needs must etc.

eek
3rd July 2014, 12:12
:spel it's

meh, remember I'm only here because I'm <---

d000hg
3rd July 2014, 12:14
What about a meta-bob?

TestMangler
3rd July 2014, 12:18

Don't you worry your pretty little head about that, luv.

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 12:19
Don't you worry your petty little head about that, luv.

FTFY

mudskipper
3rd July 2014, 12:47

It's a sad state of affairs when the culture of a place makes people feel alienated if they're not a white, heterosexual male.

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 12:49
It's a sad state of affairs when the culture of a place makes people feel alienated if they're not a white, heterosexual male.

Rubbish! You have to be white, hetrosexual, middle class, English and able bodied....

PS Why aren't you cleaning behind the fridge?

BrilloPad
3rd July 2014, 12:50
Rubbish! You have to be white, hetrosexual, middle class, English and able bodied....

Did I mention you have to be protestant too?

northernladuk
3rd July 2014, 13:01

True but you could argue the white working home owning heterosexual male is the most discriminated against group there is 👦

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 13:03
True but you could argue the white working home owning heterosexual male is the most discriminated against group there is 👦

You could if you were a ******* moron.

Oh, hang on a minute.

northernladuk
3rd July 2014, 13:05
You could if you were a ******* moron.

Oh, hang on a minute.

http://cdndata.bigfooty.com/2014/06/61308_cf47022e667ff521b9115943e7e03d72.jpg

MaryPoppins
3rd July 2014, 13:05
Hope that their online persona is completely different from their real-life one, and not let it get in the way.

And if they turn out to be a knob, keep quiet that you thought they might be a knob.

This.

Plus, if it doesn't work out, you could then always hope they post something about your boss here to enable you to get him/her walked offsite.

Always look on the bright side.

MaryPoppins
3rd July 2014, 13:09
Not sure I've ever given it a second thought. Most of you lot are knobheads, so are easily ignored.

SimonMac
3rd July 2014, 13:49
Would you wait for them to be on the bench before approaching them, or are they fair game while still under contract?

northernladuk
3rd July 2014, 13:51
What about an option for those that consider themselves out of work and on benefits?

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 13:52
What about an option for those that consider themselves laid off and on benefits?

FTFY

covbob
3rd July 2014, 13:56
How would you react if you knew that a poster was sitting at their desk munching on a nice thick bread roll?

Would you filling make any difference? Would you treat someone munching on a bacon and sausage cob differently to someone with, say, tuna and mayo?

SimonMac
3rd July 2014, 13:59
See now you had to go there:

http://i2.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/article5777553.ece/alternates/s615/bread620.jpg

SimonMac
3rd July 2014, 13:59
What about an option for those that consider themselves out of work and on benefits?

Ah the Psychocandy conundrum

SimonMac
3rd July 2014, 14:03
Would you be able to treat with fairness any of the gents (or NLyUK) with a Semi or Full Lob on?

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 14:04
See now you had to go there:

http://i2.birminghammail.co.uk/news/local-news/article5777553.ece/alternates/s615/bread620.jpg

The Birmingham Mail should be ashamed. It's a batch just down the road.

quackhandle
3rd July 2014, 14:22
I remember reading "lazy lob-on" in Viz many moons ago.

Well it made me chuckle. :igmc:

As you were.

qh

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 14:24
Would you be able to treat with fairness any of the gents (or NLyUK) with a Semi or Full Lob on?

Why would you have a lob on?

northernladuk
3rd July 2014, 14:33
Why would you have a lob on?

Must be either invoice submission day or the day his client pays his LTD.

speling bee
3rd July 2014, 14:37
Must be either invoice submission day or the day his client pays his LTD.

Or he's just seen his warchest bank balance is £58008 and has flipped his screen orientation.

SimonMac
3rd July 2014, 14:39
Ok, which Mod is bored :laugh

Batcher
3rd July 2014, 15:24
Ok, which Mod is a bob? :laugh

FTFY