• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Free cavity probe anyone?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free cavity probe anyone?

UK terror alert: body searches at British airports - Telegraph

This might be good news for MF - will save him a few quid at King Cross. Bad news for travellers.

Why don't the terrorists just bomb a train or ship? Or car bomb in central London? I should have been a terrorist - I am good at this stuff.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

This might be good news for MF - will save him a few quid at King Cross. Bad news for travellers.

Why don't the terrorists just bomb a train or ship? Or car bomb in central London? I should have been a terrorist - I am good at this stuff.
    Blow a hole in the M25, that's the country gridlocked.....

Comment

Behave Brillo I work down this way, mind you in saying that I saw a really strange guy on the tube last night (standard I know). He was taking pictures of Bank tube on his phone but in doing so he made sure he was out of the view of the CCTV that's down there which I found most odd. It's probable me just being paranoid but his behaviour didn't seem normal even by London standards.
      In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
        Blow a hole in the M25, that's the country gridlocked.....
        Pretty much as it is every Friday evening.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          It has to be the worst road in the UK, I hating driving back to Wales on Friday from Welwyn Garden it used to take 4.5hrs
          In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I always wondered if the only reason people can afford to live in London is because they spend so much time sat on the M25 that the only thing they have to spend money on is their mortgage.....

Comment

Wouldn't setting a bomb off in the queue to be security checked likely cause as many casualties as on the plane? In one of those long zig-zag queues you'd get total carnage.

In fact, it seems to me an airport would be a wonderful target for a bomb. There are loads of people and massive opportunities for disruption. Even a tiny bomb in an airport would close the whole airport.

Or a big bomb in a suitcase you check, set to go off in the airport i.e. before the bags get checked.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

When crossing the Stockport viaduct, I always used to wonder about that kind of thing.
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

I suppose the issue is a bomb on a plane can easily bring the thing down, killing everyone. A train is pretty tough so a bomb in a carriage would probably kill far fewer unless it was a properly big bomb.
                  Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                  I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                  Originally posted by vetran
                  Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    I suppose the issue is a bomb on a plane can easily bring the thing down, killing everyone. A train is pretty tough so a bomb in a carriage would probably kill far fewer unless it was a properly big bomb.
                    Could it be easily derailed to come off a bridge?
                    The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                    X