• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People should be more angry with politicians

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't often agree with Peter Hitchens as he seems to wish to take the country back to the '50s but every time I see him on QT he does make some very salient points.

Last night there was a question on the housing crisis and he dared mention that the annual net increase in our population by 200-250k may just have something to do with it.

Cue some hysterical accusations of racism from the audience (as expected) but Alan Johnson's response was absolutely shameful in that he likened Hitchens' views to those of Oswald Mosely. The guy wasn't even allowed to finish his point and protested that he didn't bear any animosity to immigrants - just to the politicians who allowed it to happen - but Johnson's shameless grandstanding was on a roll by then.

But Hitchens is right - this open door policy is going to be an absolute disaster - nobody asked for it and we should be bloody furious with our political class for this. But we're not (though I am) and we'll boot this lot out in 2015 and replace them with the other lot who will carry on in exactly the same vein with a little window dressing to make it look like they are doing things different.

By the way Johnson - if you want to hear some racism you should have been in my father's living room last night (which is where I watched QT). There were several Indian participants who appeared to be recent arrivals, judging from their heavy accents, who were making points containing phrases like "We need to do this, that and the other.... for our NHS... our country etc" and every time there was such a comment the old man would erupt; "WE! OUR! Who the bloody hell do they think they are etc..." It's all I could do to stop him from taking his blunderbuss to the TV set.

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
    I don't often agree with Peter Hitchens as he seems to wish to take the country back to the '50s but every time I see him on QT he does make some very salient points.

Last night there was a question on the housing crisis and he dared mention that the annual net increase in our population by 200-250k may just have something to do with it.

Cue some hysterical accusations of racism from the audience (as expected) but Alan Johnson's response was absolutely shameful in that he likened Hitchens' views to those of Oswald Mosely. The guy wasn't even allowed to finish his point and protested that he didn't bear any animosity to immigrants - just to the politicians who allowed it to happen - but Johnson's shameless grandstanding was on a roll by then.

But Hitchens is right - this open door policy is going to be an absolute disaster - nobody asked for it and we should be bloody furious with our political class for this. But we're not (though I am) and we'll boot this lot out in 2015 and replace them with the other lot who will carry on in exactly the same vein with a little window dressing to make it look like they are doing things different.

By the way Johnson - if you want to hear some racism you should have been in my father's living room last night (which is where I watched QT). There were several Indian participants who appeared to be recent arrivals, judging from their heavy accents, who were making points containing phrases like "We need to do this, that and the other.... for our NHS... our country etc" and every time there was such a comment the old man would erupt; "WE! OUR! Who the bloody hell do they think they are etc..." It's all I could do to stop him from taking his blunderbuss to the TV set.
    I wish someone would ask one of these lefty liberals if they think that we should criticise FGM on account of if we do we are being racist?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

They are placated with football, cheap booze and flat screen tvs.

Comment

Or they are bored of trying to change an institution which is completely self serving and left behind it's morals about 25 years ago

being a politician nowadays is just about s*cking the d*ck of whoever is going to pay you the biggest salary - it has nothing to do with wanting to change the country for the better.

And even if you want to protest the police will quickly step in and remind you of the limits of your freedom of speech......

Comment

What really confuses me is why the deniers take the stand that they do. I can completely understand that most of them don't have a problem choosing which of their 3 houses to flip next or finding a school place for their kids or having to wait weeks for a doctors appointment but their stance has no logic whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            They are placated with football, cheap booze and flat screen tvs.
            What more does anyone need?

GG why did your father have several Indian gentlemen in his living room?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post

And even if you want to protest the police will quickly step in and remind you of the limits of your freedom of speech......
              Not if you go on a riot after the politicians have threatened to cut police numbers, police salaries, police pensions and other benefits.

(Though I wouldn't go on one in Manchester)
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

There were several Indian participants who appeared to be recent arrivals, judging from their heavy accents, who were making points containing phrases like "We need to do this, that and the other.... for our NHS... our country etc" and every time there was such a comment the old man would erupt; "WE! OUR! Who the bloody hell do they think they are etc..." It's all I could do to stop him from taking his blunderbuss to the TV set.
                We have to get our doctors from somewhere as British ones like working part-time.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  it has nothing to do with wanting to change the country for the better.
                  it never did.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    What more does anyone need?

GG why did your father have several Indian gentlemen in his living room?

Firstly this sockie thread is merely to guage the reaction from CUK towards racism. So not to be taken seriously.

Secondly, the indian gentlemen were in the audience of QT and the racist dad was in his living room and was attempting to throw something at the TV whenever the indian gentlemen in the audience in QT said something about NHS.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X