• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A waste of good whisky

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A waste of good whisky

The Queen is launching a new aircraft carrier in Scotland today, by smashing a bottle of whisky on the side of the ship rather than the customary champagne.

This rankles with me. While I am happy to see the loss of a bottle of bubbly in the name of celebration, somehow the waste of a good bottle of scotch seems wrong. How could she!

Maybe it is the half scots blood in my ancestry.

BBC News - Queen names new Royal Navy aircraft carrier in Rosyth

What do other scots and non-scots posters think?

As a true UKIPer you should be proud of this stance.

Those nasty fizzy bottles of Champagne have been coming over here and stealing the limelight in our ship naming ceremonies for too long.

Something had to be done!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
      The Queen is launching a new aircraft carrier in Scotland today, by smashing a bottle of whisky on the side of the ship rather than the customary champagne.

This rankles with me. While I am happy to see the loss of a bottle of bubbly in the name of celebration, somehow the waste of a good bottle of scotch seems wrong. How could she!

Maybe it is the half scots blood in my ancestry.

What do other scots and non-scots posters think?
      What would the EU position be? Do the opposite.
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Right, I've got bored of talking about UKIP for now. I need a new logo. Need to have a think..

Maybe that one of the homeless bloke with his head in a bin, again?

Comment

Right, I've got bored of talking about UKIP for now. I need a new logo. Need to have a think..

Maybe that one of the homeless bloke with his head in a bin, again?
          What about that Irish actor:

The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
            What about that Irish actor:
            I'll just cut out the UKIP logo off the corner of that for use.
            Oh wait..

Comment

Haha! I thought exactly the same thing. (I'm English with Scottish ancestry). I watched a video to see if I could tell exactly the make and year of whisky. Did anyone catch what it was a bottle of? If it's an Ardbeg I'll go berserk!

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
                Haha! I thought exactly the same thing. (I'm English with Scottish ancestry). I watched a video to see if I could tell exactly the make and year of whisky. Did anyone catch what it was a bottle of? If it's an Ardbeg I'll go berserk!
                Maybe it was Buckie.

George Frederic Watts

Comment

Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
                  Actually, I think it looked like Jack Daniels.

Comment

Also did you see they way the smash the bottle, WTF happen to a rope, what a anticlimax. Elf and Saftey?

Comment

Working...
                    X