• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless tech interview questions again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pointless tech interview questions again!

Here we go again.

Phone interview (least it wasnt face to face time waster!). Small company, turns out to be more of a junior role than I've done but hey ho.

Guy asks me loads of specific (to them) tech questions. Really in depth stuff.

Must admit I was a bit put out. I really don't see the point in asking patronising questions when, as you can see from my CV, I've done more senior roles for 15-20 years for large household names. Surely if I was clueless I wouldnt have been around for this long?

Im sure this has been done before - so I dont know the command off the top of my head. So what? I can google it in 3 secs.

Best thing was the rate seems to have taken a dive for the worse since I first spoke to agency Im sure. Waste of time.....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Here we go again.

Phone interview (least it wasnt face to face time waster!). Small company, turns out to be more of a junior role than I've done but hey ho.

Guy asks me loads of specific (to them) tech questions. Really in depth stuff.

Must admit I was a bit put out. I really don't see the point in asking patronising questions when, as you can see from my CV, I've done more senior roles for 15-20 years for large household names. Surely if I was clueless I wouldnt have been around for this long?

Im sure this has been done before - so I dont know the command off the top of my head. So what? I can google it in 3 secs.

Best thing was the rate seems to have taken a dive for the worse since I first spoke to agency Im sure. Waste of time.....
    So you felt the need to waste ours too?

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
      So you felt the need to waste ours too?
      Adding some sunshine to your friday afternoon....

Comment

You mean you got all the questions wrong lol!!

Comment

(least it wasnt face to face time waster!).
          So now you are moaning about interviews being a waste of time? Un-*******-believable.

Now not only not understanding and managing how clients operate, how agents operate you don't understand or accept the interview process? You even explain it in your post...

specific (to them) tech questions
          but then in the next line you moan about..

I really don't see the point in asking patronising questions
          Have you ever thought they are not patronising questions but are specific to them so need to ask? Just further proof of your poor attitude to everything. Client can't even do what he needs to without you complaining.

Maybe think about taking your head of your own arse for a couple of minutes and either try and understand or accept what people do rather than complain. As I have always said, do you think it might not be them that is the problem or has the poor attitude?

******* moron.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            So now you are moaning about interviews being a waste of time? Un-*******-believable.

Now not only not understanding and managing how clients operate, how agents operate you don't understand or accept the interview process? You even explain it in your post...

but then in the next line you moan about..

Have you ever thought they are not patronising questions but are specific to them so need to ask? Just further proof of your poor attitude to everything. Client can't even do what he needs to without you complaining.

Maybe think about taking your head of your own arse for a couple of minutes and either try and understand or accept what people do rather than complain. As I have always said, do you think it might not be them that is the problem or has the poor attitude?

******* moron.
            Don't hold back. Say what you really mean.

Comment

But on the plus side theres my easy going, calm attitude. lol.

NLUK - just wondering - did you fall off your chair when you typed that?
              To be honest thats cheered me up a treat - cant stop laughing

Can we make this a sticky?

BTW - the weather looks a bit iffy this weekend too. This is not right. I'd like to make an official complaint ;-)
              Last edited by psychocandy; 4 July 2014, 12:37.

Comment

Here we go again, another one thinks they're owed a living

Comment

But on the plus side theres my easy going, calm attitude. lol.

NLUK - just wondering - did you fall off your chair when you typed that?
                  To be honest thats cheered me up a treat - cant stop laughing

Can we make this a sticky?

BTW - the weather looks a bit iffy this weekend too. This is not right. I'd like to make an official complaint ;-)
                  Didn't fall of my chair but have to admit to bout of genuine disappointment.

Very big of you to laugh it off but to be so ignorant to the issues that so many point out without wondering if there any basis to it all is, well, staggering.

Comment

Surely if I was clueless I wouldnt have been around for this long?.
                    Sad truth of the matter is you obviously are as this very posts demonstrates.

Comment

Working...
                    X