• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Buggers at passport office

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buggers at passport office

Sent for new passport for little one 6 weeks ago and site said it would be done in 3. Still no passport and helpline keep promising me call backs that are not being made. Several thousand pounds down the drain.

Any suggestions how I can sue this bastards?

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Sent for new passport for little one 6 weeks ago and site said it would be done in 3. Still no passport and helpline keep promising me call backs that are not being made. Several thousand pounds down the drain.

Any suggestions how I can sue this bastards?
    Did you not think of sending Mummy and little one to Liverpool to ask about it...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Did you not think of sending Mummy and little one to Liverpool to ask about it...
      +1 Fast track, but a bit of a pain.

Passport backlog hits 500k and holidaymakers told to pay £55 or risk losing summer break | Mail Online
      The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Several thousand pounds down the drain.
        That could have been better spent on NLYUK.

Comment

The reason I heard for the backlog is something along the lines of people haven't been able to afford to go abroad for a number of years because of the financial crisis but now we've recovered & things are booming again they've all got loads of lolly to go away but have discovered that they'd left their passports lapse during the intervening years since they last went away and there are so many of them that the system cannot cope.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
            The reason I heard for the backlog is something along the lines of people haven't been able to afford to go abroad for a number of years because of the financial crisis but now we've recovered & things are booming again they've all got loads of lolly to go away but have discovered that they'd left their passports lapse during the intervening years since they last went away and there are so many of them that the system cannot cope.
            Do you not think it's something to do with the closure of passport offices in all British embassies around the world?

Normally I would send my application to Dusseldorf for renewal, but that closed last year. Now every expat must make their application via Liverpool. It was done as a cost saving exercising that is ultimately costing them more now. Idiots.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

You think we didn't try to fast track it?

Been trying to fast track it the whole week but won't get a call back no matter how many times I call them. Asking to fast track it was told that need to cancel current application which will take up to 2 weeks.

Absolute buggers.

Just cancelled my entire holiday to avoid losing the entire lot.

Going to go to the press about this. Anyway to get some compensation?

Comment

Been trying to fast track it the whole week but won't get a call back no matter how many times I call them. Asking to fast track it was told that need to cancel current application which will take up to 2 weeks.

Absolute buggers.

What was the start to end time line?

+
                The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

This has been all over the news last few weeks, there is nothing new in your story

Comment

Absolute buggers.

You have my utmost sympathy. I hope you get a payout - It's an utter disgrace. I'd be absolutely incandescent if I were you.

Comment

Working...
                    X