• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mail up to its old tricks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mail up to its old tricks

From a Muslim forum: i am pledging allegiance to the caliphate

More up-to-date checks of the ISP address by other members of the forum showed the comment was posted by someone working at the Daily Mail Group (the Evening Standard used to be part of the Daily Mail Group):

At the Daily Mail – it’s just another day at the office trying to stir up hatred and controversy with lies and subterfuge...
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    From a Muslim forum: i am pledging allegiance to the caliphate

More up-to-date checks of the ISP address by other members of the forum showed the comment was posted by someone working at the Daily Mail Group (the Evening Standard used to be part of the Daily Mail Group):

At the Daily Mail – it’s just another day at the office trying to stir up hatred and controversy with lies and subterfuge...
    Are you saying forums have sockies

Comment

Why do you assume that the forum is truthful?

As far as I can see they are revenue generating from each view.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        Why do you assume that the forum is truthful?

As far as I can see they are revenue generating from each view.
        If they're generating revenue with each view then they probably wouldn't have removed it. You might have noticed that my link is a cached version...However, the Daily Mail are known for doing stunts like this anyway....
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          If they're generating revenue with each view then they probably wouldn't have removed it. You might have noticed that my link is a cached version...However, the Daily Mail are known for doing stunts like this anyway....
          Unlike youself who gets by knocking up a bit of mainframe tulipe for backwater places I kind of know about web stuff. They are revenue generating and doing that from google's servers.

My main point is that you are believing stuff from the web that you have no ability to verify, rather choosing to believe information that fits with what you what to believe on the internet. That is the only verifiable truth in this thread.

Comment

Unlike youself who gets by knocking up a bit of mainframe tulipe for backwater places I kind of know about web stuff. They are revenue generating and doing that from google's servers.
            You're talking utter bollocks.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              You're talking utter bollocks.
              Sorry?

Comment

Sorry?
                You're forgiven

Comment

My main point is that you are believing stuff from the web that you have no ability to verify, rather choosing to believe information that fits with what you what to believe on the internet. That is the only verifiable truth in this thread.
                  I think the only verifiable truth is that you're talking out of your backside but don't let that stop you

This might help you to understand how cached pages earn revenue: https://support.google.com/adsense/answer/65062?hl=en

As for the rest of your bollocks, I think my mainframe skills especially in regards to the Internet probably predate you and your desktop computers. I wrote my first webserver back in the early 90's along with IRC, Gopher, etc. and they ran, and still do on mainframes, and much more than that (I presume you know SGML?)

History of the Internet - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

TERENA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Comment

I can only assume that nick is going to tell me where I am talking bollocks.

Comment

Working...
                    X