• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Been away - catching up

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been away - catching up

Its been more than a month since I was on CUK last, managed to catch up with 18 pages of "new posts" then the remaining 4 of the 22 somehow got "lost" when I seemed to have been timed out or something and had to login again only to find the "new posts" had reset itself.

Does'nt seem like I have missed much - can't tell if the "boomed!" tag is any bigger!

In the intervening period:
    * I have been burgled and had my laptop stolen from my rented room - had to change bank accounts to protect it from fraud
    * I was 75% of the way through backing up the laptop drive when it was nicked - the 25% that had not been done covered all my personal mileage journal and many company related files - luckily a recent mailing of the SJD xls file for the VAT quarter meant that I had not lost much on the company accounts.
    * moved closer to the gig I started 2nd June - unfortunately its with parents
    * Tried to keep up with CUK on my Windows Phone Tapatalk app but since June it has updated itself about 4 times and each time just crashes as soon as I go to the CK forums.
    * In the first 3 weeks of the new gig everything admin & IT related that would normally just "work" refused to do so first time - I am sure my client thinks I am jinxed.
    * Been to FDR at Family Court to try to settle the divorce, unfortunately Ex has decided that the judge must be biased against her and has decided to ignore his directions and take it to trial - which will cost the "pot" to be split another 40 grand if she carries on like this. And she has tried to claim ALL the money in the Ltd Co bank account - instructing her lawyer to ignore the fact that corporation tax and VAT etc are due to be paid out of that balance.

The only thing keeping me sane right now is my new gig - its going well thank god and the Happy Pill!
    Last edited by MPwannadecentincome; 6 July 2014, 19:35.
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Doodab's died.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Aye. Puts everything else into perspective really.

Comment

Sounds like you've been having a pretty crappy time. Good that the gig's going well though. Hope things pick up soon.

Comment

sasguru left on 30000 posts. Admin updated his post count to 30001....

Comment

Suity's been todger-chasing.

Comment

The CUK Cook book is out
              (\__/)
              (>'.'<)
              ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                Suity's been todger-chasing catching.
                FTFY

Comment