• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is paedophilia is natural and normal for males?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is paedophilia is natural and normal for males?

'Paedophilia is natural and normal for males' - Telegraph

Personally I reckon people who think this should be on a par with holocaust deniers.

I must admit I did not get as far as to read their reasonings - if anyone gets that far people let me know.
    No
    71.43%
    AndyW says No
    28.57%

I'm pretty sure if you ask most men if they fancy children they'd say no.

But plenty of other societies do marry off children.

I think, here, there is a big problem with the sexualisation of children (girls). My son was most amused the other day when I ranted "Why would you dress your 11 year old daughter as a prostitute and post the pictures on facebook?". Comments on said picture were "sexy, like her mama", which her mama had 'liked'. If we make girls look sexy, it's hardly surprising if men think about sex when they see them. Most models have the figures of 11 year olds.

The "legal now" headlines in tabloid press when Charlotte Church and Emma Watson turned 16 simply wouldn't have happened for Justin Bieber or Daniel Radcliffe.

We've got to let girls look and behave like kids.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
      If we make girls look sexy, it's hardly surprising if men think about sex when they see them. Most models have the figures of 11 year olds.
      I think most models are ugly. I see far better in the street every day.

Men may think about sex if they see a girl dressed sexually - but do they think about sex with a girl?

Comment

And I've realised my post sounds like I've fallen foul of my other pet rant - suggesting the victim is partly responsible, because of what she chooses to wear.

To be clear - I'm suggesting that dressing girls sexually may result in men thinking about sex with girls.

Any man who then sexually abuses a girl is entirely responsible for his own actions.

I can't win an argument - even with myself.

Comment

The construct of childhood is based upon an arbitrary age. Men are predisposed to finding the shape of a woman/girl attractive. Breasts, hips, fuller lips etc all of which come with puberty. Whereas I don't think there is a predisposition for pre-pubescent girls men are programmed to look at pubescent girls and woman. The signs of a ripening flower. Any man who says he's not looked at a shapely figure walking down the road in the distance while driving and then realised they're looking at someone a little too young & had to look away is a liar.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I would say that male attraction to mid teen girls has only been de normalised in the last 30 years or so, I don't think that it is uncommon. Not for me.

I have 2 albums with 2 songs that are totally dodgy, commodores "young girls are my weakness" and the beach boys "roller skating child". Massive bands from not that long ago and nobody bothered about them at the time. Seems bonkers now.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I would say that male attraction to mid teen girls has only been de normalised in the last 30 years or so, I don't think that it is uncommon. Not for me.

I have 2 albums with 2 songs that are totally dodgy, commodores "young girls are my weakness" and the beach boys "roller skating child". Massive bands from not that long ago and nobody bothered about them at the time. Seems bonkers now.
              Age of consent is 16 since 1885. Ages of consent in Europe - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

I once had sex with a girl who was 13. But I was 15. She was no blushing virgin - more like the town bicycle.

Comment

It is strange though. I can't think that I've ever seen a seventeen year old boy who, to me, looks anything other than a kid (since I hit my twenties anyway). Look at boy bands - there was one on the lottery show last night (Vamps?) - they just look like a bunch of kids.

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  Any man who says he's not looked at a shapely figure walking down the road in the distance while driving and then realised they're looking at someone a little too young & had to look away is a liar.
                  Done that with looking at a lady who is way way to old but looks great from behind.....

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                    I probably could have structured that paragraph better.

#susanalbumparty

Comment

Working...
                    X