• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Convicted pedophile living 2 doors down from baby bp

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convicted pedophile living 2 doors down from baby bp

Seems the word is out down the street - Mrs BP found out this afternoon. He is in his 60s and apparently was convicted of anal sex with a minor.

Baby bp likes to walk a different way home from me if we go to the co-op. Co-op is 50 metres away. He is out of sight for maybe 30 seconds. Mrs BP now wants me to keep baby bp within sight at all times.

To be fair to her, baby bp is very autistic and walk talk to anyone. He has no concept of danger. I still feel its overkill.

Thoughts?

And no I am not going to confront him.

Tell her you've got a pedometer and will call 999 if it goes off.

Either that, or spray paint paediatrician all over his front door.

On a serious note, I think the age of consent used to be 21 - it's probably worth finding out whether it was a small child, or a near adult. Also when the offence took place - if he's gone years without offending then you're probably OK. If he got out of prison 2 months ago, be careful. But 30 seconds out your sight doesn't give much time for grooming in any case.

Edit: if the rumours are even true, it's amazing how often someone who is odd/strange/alcoholic gets labelled paedophile.
    Last edited by mudskipper; 6 July 2014, 19:14.

Comment

Pitchforks and pond ducking

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Seems the word is out down the street - Mrs BP found out this afternoon. He is in his 60s and apparently was convicted of anal sex with a minor.

Baby bp likes to walk a different way home from me if we go to the co-op. Co-op is 50 metres away. He is out of sight for maybe 30 seconds. Mrs BP now wants me to keep baby bp within sight at all times.

To be fair to her, baby bp is very autistic and walk talk to anyone. He has no concept of danger. I still feel its overkill.

Thoughts?

How did she find out? Being warned by the police and seeing it on Facebook are two extremes. Where on the sliding scale is your evidence?

Given the current level of hysteria being whipped up by the media (DM) esp. we will be burning people for looking odd soon. Yes, there is a lot of bad stuff out there and has been for decades, but this is why we have the 12 good men and true system.

Isn't there a system where if you have concerns of this nature, the police are supposed to tell you if there is any risk in your immediate area? I am sure that you would have to make an application first though.

Comment

Thoughts?

How far away is Waitrose?
        The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
          How far away is Waitrose?
          In another country....
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Tell her you've got a pedometer and will call 999 if it goes off.

Either that, or spray paint paediatrician all over his front door.

On a serious note, I think the age of consent used to be 21 - it's probably worth finding out whether it was a small child, or a near adult. Also when the offence took place - if he's gone years without offending then you're probably OK. If he got out of prison 2 months ago, be careful. But 30 seconds out your sight doesn't give much time for grooming in any case.

Edit: if the rumours are even true, it's amazing how often someone who is odd/strange/alcoholic gets labelled paedophile.
            A family of the travelling persuasion lives along the road from my Dad. There are many elderly who live in a very long street many og which are ex council houses, although quite a few are still council stock. The children are manifold and have bazillions of visitors and during the summer months, quite feral. When they first arrived, whenever anyone felt the need to tell them off, they would be called 'paedophile' and apparently, their parents taught them it as a defence mechanism ( this came from the local special plod). Now they get away with anything because even the elderly women are scared of being labelled.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

See below on the evidence bit. I am not sure it makes a difference how long ago the offence was. I agree on the 30 second bit - Mrs BP totally disagrees and it very dictatorial on it. When I refused to agree enthusiastically I was accused on fuming. I pointed out that my point of view was not being listened to - and it was not going to be as I now have no control over the kids. That led to other nonsense I might post about at some point.

Originally posted by tractor View Post
              How did she find out? Being warned by the police and seeing it on Facebook are two extremes. Where on the sliding scale is your evidence?

Given the current level of hysteria being whipped up by the media (DM) esp. we will be burning people for looking odd soon. Yes, there is a lot of bad stuff out there and has been for decades, but this is why we have the 12 good men and true system.

Isn't there a system where if you have concerns of this nature, the police are supposed to tell you if there is any risk in your immediate area? I am sure that you would have to make an application first though.
              You and MS have hit the nail on the head. Its the word of the neighbour inbetween. I reckon its worth asking the police.
              -----------------------------------------

If he really is a nonce, he is probably a celebrity. Shall I ask for his autograph - or to do a song and dance act.....

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                In another country....
                Nearly right. The 2nd closest in Chester. The nearest is Menai Bridge. Mrs BP shops there for cling film! Apparently all other cling films are inferior.

Comment

Nearly right. The 2nd closest in Chester. The nearest is Menai Bridge. Mrs BP shops there for cling film! Apparently all other cling films are inferior.
                  Mr ms's granny used to reuse clingfilm. I think one roll probably lasted her 20 years.

Comment

A former gf's parents left her one night with a babysitter. When they came back the babysitter was having sex with her bf. They asked the bf is he had used contraceptive. He said "I did not have a condom - but I found some clingfilm in the cupboard."

Comment

Working...
                    X