• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muntjac Deer

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muntjac Deer

I saw a muntjac tonight.

I believe they escaped from some stately home (Woburn?) And have since become naturalised in many areas.

Never seen them down here before. There I was driving home on my way back from Waitrose, Frampton playing on the hi-fi and this little pigmy deer scuttled across the road in front of me. Funny little chaps aren't they? Hope he learns some road sense.

Have never seen red kites anywhere round here. I believe they were released into the wild some years back up in Bucks somewhere. Saw one near Salisbury once but that was the furthest SW I've seen one.

Yummmm....

Muntjac venison stew: Recipes: Good Food Channel

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
      Well, if I'd have hit him I'd have had no qualms over putting him in the boot.

Glad he made it across safely though.

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Well, if I'd have hit him I'd have had no qualms over putting him in the boot.
        I wonder if he'd miss just one leg....

Comment

Dare I look up muntjac on urban dictionary?

Comment

Working...
          X