• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBA: The era of bank branches is dead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBA: The era of bank branches is dead

Quite an interesting article on the future of branch banking:

BBA: The era of bank branches is dead | News | Mortgage Strategy

The problem with that is some people just don't trust doing things online like my father-in-law, I use online banking all the time but I must admit I don't like all this business about making payments to a wrong account you have to get the account holder to agree to refund it back to you. Besides that as well they still haven't found a way to combat online and card fraud.
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

Of course, because lending money to people you don't know, by managers who only look at some set of numbers without ever actually getting to know a customer, has worked so well up to now.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Martin@AS Financial View Post

Browne says: “The way we bank now is far easier and faster.”
        Translation: "It's cheaper for the banks".

It's still far easier for me to slap a bill on a post office counter and pay with cash than go through the rigmarole of logging in and fielding security questions, and then having to bash in all the details, double check them, press confirm, then the following business day go through the login palaver to get the downloaded CSV, import that to a spreadsheet, put it in my accounts etc. etc.

And I'm one who has got that process fairly well automated.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

One of my banks doesn't have "branches" they have "stores"

At the "stores" they can sort out bank cards, passwords etc there and then.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
          X