• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This could have been nasty

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could have been nasty

An UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow as UT5187 and Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus A340-300 (LV-FPV) were involved into what could be the bigger disaster of Barcelona Airport.

The Utair 767 was about to land on Runway 02 while the Argentinas was crossing the runway...
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

I thought we had already destroyed the Argie air force

Obviously not

In which case bring back Maggie
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Though I was watching Die Hard 2

Comment

******* whoops.

Comment

When is the blame-storming session?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            When is the blame-storming session?
            I was in something similar a couple of years ago at Gatwick.

A plane was taking off after we started to land.

Suddenly we just shot up into the sky.

It obviously happens a lot, so pilots must be told to be aware of it at congested airports.

I was warned years ago not to fly with certain airlines due to the "quality" of their pilots........
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Someone ATC @ Barcelona airport will be looking for a new job.
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Probably quite a few (understandable) WTF's from the cockpit of the 767

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post

An UTair Boeing 767-300 (VQ-BSX) incoming from Moscow as UT5187 and Aerolíneas Argentinas Airbus A340-300 (LV-FPV) were involved into what could be the bigger disaster of Barcelona Airport.

The Utair 767 was about to land on Runway 02 while the Argentinas was crossing the runway...
                  Is the Utarg of Utarg involved? We should be told.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Working...
                  X