• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody cyclists

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody cyclists

A whole group of them just run down a pedestrian.

Tour de France spectator hit by Team Sky's Diego Lopez Garcia - Telegraph

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A whole group of them just run down a pedestrian.

Tour de France spectator hit by Team Sky's Diego Lopez Garcia - Telegraph
    Was that the bit Midskipper was in charge of?

They do come awfully close, and fast. But that bloke is clearly stood in the middle of the road and deserves everything he gets. I hope the cyclists are ok.

I was in Holmfirth yesterday and was pleased that the element of self preservation was left up to the individual rather than it being all barriers with designated crossing places.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

They do come awfully close, and fast. But that bloke is clearly stood in the middle of the road and deserves everything he gets. I hope the cyclists are ok.

I was in Holmfirth yesterday and was pleased that the element of self preservation was left up to the individual rather than it being all barriers with designated crossing places.
      Nope. I was just opposite Westminster Abbey doing the 'happy to help' thing with a pounding headache. Our punters were controlled with barriers and crossings.

Fielded questions as diverse as "Where is the Indian Embassy?", "Where can I get the number 46 bus?", "What event is happening here today?" and "Is it less crowded round the corner?"

Quite enjoyed it though, but didn't get to see much over the heads of the crowd, just the cyclists' arses disappearing up the road.

Knackered now - didn't realise standing all day was such hard work.
      Last edited by mudskipper; 7 July 2014, 18:35.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
        When they saw MS they all crashed at her feet - just like L2B.....

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          +1

I was talking to one marshall guy who had been dropped in position at 3.30am and wasn't due off his shift till 5.30pm. Gave him a bottle of water cos the poor sod didn't have anything with him

Comment

Nope. I was just opposite Westminster Abbey doing the 'happy to help' thing with a pounding headache. Our punters were controlled with barriers and crossings.

Fielded questions as diverse as "Where is the Indian Embassy?", "Where can I get the number 46 bus?", "What event is happening here today?" and "Is it less crowded round the corner?"

Quite enjoyed it though, but didn't get to see much over the heads of the crowd, just the cyclists' arses disappearing up the road.

Did you invoice the day?
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Lucky you got it the right way around

Comment

A gentleman came over to me and my colleague yesterday, told use we were 'beautiful' (it was the lime green tabards and clown-sized trousers that did it for him I think) and he had just drawn us.

Just checked out his website - Marc Ahr

I suspect we'll be a couple of pen/brushstrokes on his picture, but they're quite nice - look forward to seeing the TdF ones.

Comment

A gentleman came over to me and my colleague yesterday, told use we were 'beautiful' (it was the lime green tabards and clown-sized trousers that did it for him I think) and he had just drawn us.

Just checked out his website - Marc Ahr

I suspect we'll be a couple of pen/brushstrokes on his picture, but they're quite nice - look forward to seeing the TdF ones.
                  And here they are

Tour de France 2014 | | Marc AhrMarc Ahr

I think I've spotted me - pic 4 - hanging around on the street corner on the left. Bit of poetic licence - tabard and cap are blue instead of lime green. Perhaps they should have got him to design the uniform

Comment

Working...
                  X