• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone at M&S?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone at M&S?

BBC News - Marks and Spencer sales hit by website move

No. But if anyone is, i'd like to know why the cheddar and cellary sandwich line has been discontinued. They was nice, they was

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      No. But if anyone is, i'd like to know why the cheddar and cellary sandwich line has been discontinued. They was nice, they was
      You could buy a share in M&S and turn up at the annual shareholder meeting.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        You could buy a share in M&S and turn up at the annual shareholder meeting.
        I could, but they're trading at three times the price of the sandwich.

Comment

hmm

Mr Bolland blamed teething problems with the website for the fall in sales. The latest results mark the 12th quarter in a row that sales at M&S's homeware and clothing division have fallen.
          oh look over there, its all IT's fault.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            hmm

oh look over there, its all IT's fault.
            No it wasn't, it was the contractor!

Comment

I had a face-to-face for the new website project last year and they chose the other candidate.

They were very confident about how wonderful it would be.

Comment

Originally posted by BigTime View Post
                I had a face-to-face for the new website project last year and they chose the other candidate.

They were very confident about how wonderful it would be.
                If you had got the gig you would have had a job for life fixing it.....

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                  Customers didn't like the cobwebs and odour of damp. I'm there, good gig, great restaurant, amazing staff offers open to contractor, went to see Sabbath in Hyde Park for £2.50 last Friday, seeing Neil Young next week for the same price.

Website was outsourced to a company with many staff members named Robert. This was a cost-saving measure.
                  My subconscious is annoying. It's got a mind of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by pjclarke View Post
                    Customers didn't like the cobwebs and odour of damp. I'm there, good gig, great restaurant, amazing staff offers open to contractor, went to see Sabbath in Hyde Park for £2.50 last Friday, seeing Neil Young next week for the same price.

Website was outsourced to a company with many staff members named Robert. This was a cost-saving measure.

There are many companies I would outsource a customer facing website too but ones with a different cultural context would be nowhere near the shortlist.

Nor would I treat the biggest, most profitable shop to cost saving....
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X