• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fussy or funny(peculiar)?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fussy or funny(peculiar)?

9 Months. 98 Men. Here's What I've Learned | Susan Winter

I ate my way through every restaurant in Manhattan and spent far more time in Starbucks than any human who has their own WiFi. No less than three times a week I'd put on the same outfit (perhaps a little half-hearted on my part) and meet a new man for dinner or coffee. I sat. I listened. I ate. I drank.

At the end of my social experiment, here's what I learned. Men parade their toys while women serve as the cows, pigs and horses parading for our Blue Ribbon of acceptance. Men name-drop their friendships with celebrities and clarify their numerous positions of power and influence. They rattle off their trips in foreign cities, identify their cars by the manufacturer's name and list their homes by prestigious locations. They dangle their toys in front our eyes in the hopes that we'll bite the bait. Oddly, they're not the bait. Their possessions are the bait.
    so is she selected the men who approached her and none of them came up to her standards?
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    9 Months. 98 Men. Here's What I've Learned*|*Susan Winter

so is she selected the men who approached her and none of them came up to her standards?
    As she didn't date women, how can she know how most women behave.

We need a man to date 98 women for comparison. Mich?

Comment

well according to Twitter she is :

As seen on OPRAH, best-selling author/relationship expert Susan Winter specializes in evolutionary forms of loving partnership and higher thinking.
      so she obviously has great knowledge. Not sure why she is single at 50 if she is an expert.

Comment

so she obviously has great knowledge. Not sure why she is single at 50 if she is an expert.
        Those that can, do.
        Those that can't, teach

/pauses to admire own reflection.

Comment

possessions are the bait because it works. It's sad, but the balance shifts when people get to around 40. Women begin to realise that they haven't got a scintillating personality after all, when gravity and the wrinkles begin to take their toll. Just as mens bait is on the up and up, the womens is sagging down and down
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
            Those that can, do.
            Those that can't, teach

/pauses to admire own reflection.

Didn't John Cleese write a book about how to have a successful marriage? How many times has he divorced now?
            "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
              Didn't John Cleese write a book about how to have a successful marriage? How many times has he divorced now?
              He's had more marriages than you so you should listen!
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Apparently, she likes relationships that you can just slip into fluidly.....

Comment

So basically she used men to get 98 free Meals / coffees / drinks of these guys and didn't put out once!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    Apparently, she likes relationships that you can just slip into fluidly.....
                    so do most men!

Comment

Working...
                    X