• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Statue of Mahatma Gandhi to stand in Parliment Square

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Statue of Mahatma Gandhi to stand in Parliment Square

Place is being over run by bloody foreigners
    Peel <tick>
    Canning <tick>
    Churchill <tick>

Jan Smuts
    Abraham Lincoln
    Nelson Mandela
    ...and now Mahatma Gandhi
    Last edited by Troll; 8 July 2014, 13:12. Reason: pedant reptiles
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Parliament

Comment

Don't eyeball Me Gandhi !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXugMdS7lv8

Comment

Originally posted by CloudWalker View Post
        Aw, I've not watched any classic Dwarf for ages.

Comment

Couldn't agree more

Comment

Is this the same Ganhi who insisted in living with the poor filthy peasants overnight - so the Indian government filled them with secret agents to stop him catching anything?

Mountbatten - "Keeping Gandhi in poverty was the most costly thing the Indian government ever did"

Comment

That makes 4 people linked with South Africa, represented by statuary in Parliament Square now...democracy moves in mysterious ways...
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Is this the same Ganhi who insisted in living with the poor filthy peasants overnight - so the Indian government filled them with secret agents to stop him catching anything?

Mountbatten - "Keeping Gandhi in poverty was the most costly thing the Indian government ever did"
                Why on Earth did they bother?

Surely it would have been more in our interest to let the skinny runt catch something and pop his clogs.

unless perhaps they were worried that his death would lead to violent unrest and a second Indian mutiny. But then surely independence was pretty much a foregone conclusion after WW2.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Talking about new statues, what is that ridiculous giant purple cockerel statue in Piccadilly Circus all about?!
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Talking about new statues, what is that ridiculous giant purple cockerel statue in Piccadilly Circus all about?!
                    It's blue.

Edit, and it's in Trafalgar Square.

Unless it's got a purple friend in Piccadilly Circus?

Comment

Working...
                    X