• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone ever owned a Peugeot 206?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ever owned a Peugeot 206?

Looking for a car for sprog and these seem to be a lot of car for the wonga

Are they a pile of poo?

These seem cheap as chips
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Friends got one of these and she loves it. Everything looks a bit cheap inside and it's not where near as roomy as more modern small cars but I think it's a great looking car. Hasn't really dated and does what it says on the tin for a right price. Not sure how much, if any, trouble she has had with it.

Looking around the web the jury seems out. Lots of people say avoid, just as many say it did what it was supposed to. Not so many really singing it's praises though. Loads of other options mentioned like Yaris and the like but you are gonna pay more for them.

If it's mechanically sound it seems like a pretty good short term run around for a young driver.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I had a 406. Does that count?

Comment

Didn't AtW drive one of those back in the days when he couldn't even afford a sofa?
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

I had a 2.0l diesel turbo a few years back. A lot of fun to drive.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My better half has one - has loads of toys too, even rain-sensitive wipers, auto lights etc

Great car...

Comment

Another small car worth looking it is that Renault one that looks really small but has a space under the boot floor, where you can store more things, especially if you don't want anyone to find them.

It's called the Renault McCann

When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Looking for a car for sprog and these seem to be a lot of car for the wonga

Are they a pile of poo?

These seem cheap as chips
                They are OK, build quality no so great. If considering those also look at Citroens which share many of the engines.

Strength of PSA group is the diesel engines.

Comment

A few years ago when I started working in London I bought one off my cousin. It had a dent/scratch in literally every panel but I only wanted it so that it could take me to and from the station and I'd leave it there all weekend. I paid 400 for it and a mate of mine who is a mechanic fixed all the bits that needed fixing - probably another 300 or so. I found it to be very reliable. It started first time, every time. It was fine on the motorway. As it was only a 1.4 I thought it might be a bit rubbish, but it would happily belt along at 90. I kept it for 3 years in the end - I never did a huge number of miles in it, but like I said, it never let me down. When I came to get shut of it, there was no point advertising it due to the dents and scratches, so I got £150 for scrap. Pretty sad for a car that had only done 68000 miles.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I had one for about 10 years during which it took me the equivalent of about 7 time round the world. Quite a bit of stuff going wrong with it towards the end but it kept on going.
                    Some bastard wrote it off for me in the end otherwise I reckon it'd still be going.

Comment

Working...
                    X