• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How can one survive with only £3m in the bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can one survive with only £3m in the bank?

Charlotte Church: 'HMRC keep asking about my missing millions' - Telegraph

The 28-year-old mother of two reportedly amassed £25m by the age of 18, but now has just £3m in the bank.

I will have to work for the rest of my life.

================================
    Can you imagine - having to work!

Maybe she should go to the DSS?

"Reportedly amassed x" = "Never had anything like as much as x, but that's the figure some tabloid made up years ago and we just keep trotting it out as if it were fact".

Comment

As contractors we have all felt the same with permies asking us why we don't have a porsche etc.

Comment

Exactly, why would we lower ourselves to the great unwashed transport of a Porsche ????
        The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by chef View Post
          Exactly, why would we lower ourselves to the great unwashed transport of a Porsche ????
          Because everyone else drives a Ferrari....

Comment

this one definitely isn't cut out.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              "Reportedly amassed x" = "Never had anything like as much as x, but that's the figure some tabloid made up years ago and we just keep trotting it out as if it were fact".
              Thats not relevant.

As she is struggling for cash why not go on the game?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Thats not relevant.

As she is struggling for cash why not go on the game?
                  You're going to struggle to pay back HMRC at the fiver a go you charge.

Comment

Fear not. She can quite happily spend £300k per year for the next 6 odd years.

She'll still have £1,000,000 left after that and only be 35.

Then she can do a bit of media-work, maybe ghost-write a book on how to scrap by on a few hundred grand a year? Or appear on "I am a Celeb" or "Strictly"

There's nothing like a bit of pretend-bankruptcy to boost a minor celebs earning potential.

Comment

Working...
                    X