• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I've never quite managed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've never quite managed

To demolish a full bottle of vodka (37.5% vol), but tonight is looking like that night and I still feel sober.

In company over a day of partying probably more alcohol but on my own being a sad basturt in the house I tend to have an off switch but perhaps not this evening as mentioned.

No plans to join AA (not the automotive mob), yet. Classed as binge drinking I suppose but I'll wake up tomorrow fresh and ready to face another day messing about with unix scripts and keeping hackers out of my servers.

Boozing cos I get bored of an evening unless I have female company, what's you drinking pattern?
    Me, me, me...

When are you and your banjo coming to Rothesay for a jam session ??
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
      When are you and your banjo coming to Rothesay for a jam session ??
      Ooh, could be very soon as I'm due some downtime from the current gig.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Makes you proud to be British.
        Last edited by Old Greg; 9 July 2014, 21:47.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Makes to you proud to be British.
          Me, me, me...

Comment

Coffee first thing in the office, Bottle of juice at lunchtime, water and tea in the in between times.

Usually squash when I'm at home.

Last alcoholic drink was Saturday.

Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Lately I keep meaning to have a booze free evening but never get round to it.
              "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

actually had a dry night Monday & Tuesday. I could feel it calling me which was worrying.

I had a couple of pints last night. They tasted good.

I get worried if I clear a bottle of Scotch in a week, a bottle in a night scares me.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I'm always too scared of becoming a middle class alcoholic to drink much at home. We will have the odd glass of G&T or a Whiskey, but that's it unless we treat ourselves on a weekend.

l did a 3 month project away from home as a permie and a few of us stayed in the same hotel - it was so so easy to get into the habit of hitting the bar for a beer straight away, then getting changed before another couple etc, so I really try and limit it now.

Comment

Your pattern is that of an alcoholic. Get yourself checked. You don't have to quit necessarily, just get the right support and cut back.
                    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                    X