• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lets wrap all kids in cotton wool

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lets wrap all kids in cotton wool

Boy BLINDED by loom band as doctors warn they're a health risk | Mail Online

This sort of accident can happen with any toy. Anyone who thinks banning loom bans will prevent accidents needs a group of loom bands shaped like a giant dildo inserted up their rectum.

Me! Me! I think it will prevent accidents!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Have you seen the state of some of the kids fingers when they use these bands ? They restrict the blood flow and the fingers go blue/purple. Daughters friend did this and was really lucky it wasnt more serious

Comment

You're right BP (had to happen eventually). As crazes go, this one is great - cheap as chips and a contructive/crafty type thing. These kids are doing useful stuff for once, and learning about the effort/reward thing too.

Comment

"The incident happened as carer Mrs Lawrence sat with her children at their £100,000 semi-detached home making loom bands at the end of May."

Comment

Wot-a-pile-o-tulipe...🎐
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
              "The incident happened as carer Mrs Lawrence sat with her children at their £100,000 semi-detached home making loom bands at the end of May."

Is that purchase price or current market value?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Have you seen the state of some of the kids fingers when they use these bands ? They restrict the blood flow and the fingers go blue/purple. Daughters friend did this and was really lucky it wasnt more serious
                Nothing new under the sun.

We use to make bracelets out of elastic bands when I was a girl.

The only difference was when our fingers, hands or wrists started to change colour due to lack of blood flow we removed them.

Kids these days have no f***ing common-sense.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                  Nothing new under the sun.

We use to make bracelets out of elastic bands when I was a girl.

The only difference was when our fingers, hands or wrists started to change colour due to lack of blood flow we removed them.

Kids these days have no f***ing common-sense.

You removed your hands?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                    You removed your hands?

The elastic bands.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X