• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Please God...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please God...

Please don't let the squareheads win...

Come on Argentina, come on Lionel...

Supporting the Argies???? Boooo!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Too bad. Deserved win with an outstanding goal.
      Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by Gittins Gal View Post
        Please don't let the squareheads win...

Come on Argentina, come on Lionel...
        You may have won the war, and the eh mmm yes the WWII.
        "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

God is German.

I suppose its the sauerkraut....

Comment

Clearly being good at football is inversely proportional to being good at war.

Comment

We beat them in 'Escape to Victory...'

Escape To Victory 1st Half

Escape to Victory 2nd Half Report

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
                Clearly being good at football is inversely proportional to being good at war.
                Clearly you never actually studied WW1 or, especially, WW2 at school because the Germans were VERY good at war in those encounters.

The best team won, which is all I hoped for. Shame it wasn't more prolific but at least it ended without the artificialness of penalties.
                Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                Originally posted by vetran
                Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  Clearly you never actually studied WW1 or, especially, WW2 at school because the Germans were VERY good at war in those encounters.
                  + 1. Taking on the British and French Empires (& British Commonwealth), USA and USSR just proved to be a bit ambitious.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
                    + 1. Taking on the British and French Empires (& British Commonwealth), USA and USSR just proved to be a bit ambitious.
                    They may have been good at fighting and building technology, but they made bad strategic decisions and lost. How does that make them "VERY good at war"?

That and it was clearly a tongue in cheek comment, though I should have probably known better with the perpetual pissing contest that goes on here.

Comment

Working...
                    X