• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bob HelpDesk Angst

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob HelpDesk Angst

Last Friday I was asked to fix a problem but did not have access to the system. Or if I DID have access then I didn't know my password so would need it reset. I raised a support ticket.

Monday I got an auto email saying the issue was resolved and had been verified by me.

I opened the support ticket. The fixer had added a note saying the system was up. Then closed the call.

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    Last Friday I was asked to fix a problem but did not have access to the system. Or if I DID have access then I didn't know my password so would need it reset. I raised a support ticket.

Monday I got an auto email saying the issue was resolved and had been verified by me.

I opened the support ticket. The fixer had added a note saying the system was up. Then closed the call.
    teach you to raise a call Friday night I assume you picked the highest priority and were unavailable on your phone all weekend?

You should take the example of my users raise 20 high priority & urgent tickets at 8pm Friday then go on holiday for 3 weeks.

He gets paid for completing them on time. He gets told off if they expire the SLA.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
      teach you to raise a call Friday night I assume you picked the highest priority and were unavailable on your phone all weekend?

You should take the example of my users raise 20 high priority & urgent tickets at 8pm Friday then go on holiday for 3 weeks.

He gets paid for completing them on time. He gets told off if they expire the SLA.
      Or think its ok to raise high priority calls because they cant find their excel spreadsheet they created last week and cant do they're work. Then say they're too busy to provide more details (like actual filename - let me try and guess that one then!)
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Most support does seem crap IME. They seem unable to read a message properly.
        bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
        John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
        X