• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

here come the girls

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

here come the girls

Cynical vote grabbing or a refreshing change?

MP Top Trumps: David Cameron's Rising Stars | LBC
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Cynical vote grabbing.

Obviously.

The sort of tokenism that'll probably lose this jerk as many votes as he'll gain.

Comment

Can you have democracy and not have cynical vote grabbing?

On the plus side at least Ken Clarke is out. With a bit of luck he'll jump off a skyscraper and fall onto Vince Cable.

PS I retract that last statement. The fat bastard would probably kill at least 45 innocent people.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

So we've had 'Blairs Babes' and now we've got 'Camerons...', its obviously an attempt to get the female vote (more likely to vote liebour) which if its pans out means Millibland won't be a shoe in next year (one can only hope).

Comment

Personally I vote for who can do the job, regardless of whether they are male or female.

I'm surprised that Cameron thinks it will make that much difference, and I would we (the voting public) have a bit more intelligence than to vote for the ones we simply like the look of. Although I do bet on horses by that logic. Oh look a pretty grey one, he's worth a tenner...
          ContractorUK Best Forum Adviser 2013

Comment

Cynical vote grabbing? Of course it is, they're politicians, it's what they do.

Since the alternative to Cameron's lot is Milliband and his cronies it's not like there's any alternative.

Lib Dems have imploded, their vote will be gone for quite some time following the failure to deliver their promises. UKIP aren't actually an alternative, just a way to split the more right of center vote which makes the insipid Milliband the successor to B'Liar and Brownjob more likely.

Comment

Esther McVey, MP for Wirral West since 2010
              X Factor: Feisty and outspoken. Liverpudlian accent ticks the Northern box.
              Nothing quite like a sweeping generalisation. Presumably it also ticks the boxes of those who are workshy, oversensitive, and have their tracksuits tucked into their socks too.

Comment

There is also a broader agenda at play here which is to encourage more women into Politics. I will add that the CVs look pretty encouraging. It would be nice to see more Tory women that are hopefully not driven by petty jealousies and self righteousness like the labour lot.
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
                  Cynical vote grabbing.

Obviously.

The sort of tokenism that'll probably lose this jerk as many votes as he'll gain.
                  WHS - The guy is a complete tosser.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    There is also a broader agenda at play here which is to encourage more women into Politics. I will add that the CVs look pretty encouraging. It would be nice to see more Tory women that are hopefully not driven by petty jealousies and self righteousness like the labour lot.
                    They should stay out of politics - They're too bossy and interfering.

Sorry if that sounds a bit sexist, but I'm entitled to my views!
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                    X