• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Emergency surveillance bill to be fast-tracked

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Emergency surveillance bill to be fast-tracked

I would like to take this opportunity to say to all of those who work tirelessly to ensure our security, "Sirs, I congratulate your courage, your strength, your indefatigability."

Emergency surveillance bill to be fast-tracked despite 49 MPs' opposition | Politics | theguardian.com

A deal between the three major parties, however, secured the fast-track timetable by 436 votes to 49, despite accusations from one Labour MP that the move amounted to "democratic banditry resonant of a rogue state".

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    I would like to take this opportunity to say to all of those who work tirelessly to ensure our security, "Sirs, I congratulate your courage, your strength, your indefatigability."

Emergency surveillance bill to be fast-tracked despite 49 MPs' opposition | Politics | theguardian.com
    And well done by bribing the mob with football, HDTVs and cheap booze.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

These new surveillance powers are intended primarily now, and will be routinely used in a few years, to identify cash-in-hand sub-letters, and winkle more tax from them.

The terrorism angle is just a smokescreen to fool the timid and stupid into acquiescence - It's all about the money.
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Cheap booze, you say?

Comment

They'll be sorry when the voice in the tv has them doing burpees every morning.

Comment

Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
              They'll be sorry when the voice in the tv has them doing burpees every morning.
              Cheap lager makes you do that.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

BBC News - GCHQ leak lists UK cyber-spies' hacking tools

Comment

Apparently one of their tools is to "send spoof emails that appear to be from Blackberry users".

Wouldn't that simply involve appending to the email a line saying "Sent from my Blackberry"?

Suity does it all the time with his Tapatalk, whatever that is.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    Apparently one of their tools is to "send spoof emails that appear to be from Blackberry users".

Wouldn't that simply involve appending to the email a line saying "Sent from my Blackberry"?

Suity does it all the time with his Tapatalk, whatever that is.
                    Spooky Suity?

Now that is one ****ed up cover story

Comment

Working...
                    X