• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Poofters Froth Wyoming Plans Ahead

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poofters Froth Wyoming Plans Ahead

The downside of world cup year.

The frigging Commonwealth Games. Like a parochial village sports day when compared to the spectacle we've just witnessed.

I have a really unpleasant feeling there's going to be blanket coverage as its taking place in Glasgow.

What's the bloody point?

You could try not watching it. I did that with the World Cup, the Olympics, and in fact every single sporting "occasion" for God knows how many years. Worked for me, so give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      You could try not watching it. I did that with the World Cup, the Olympics, and in fact every single sporting "occasion" for God knows how many years. Worked for me, so give it a try
      It'll be hard avoiding it though won't it? Every media outlet is going to be milking it...

Perhaps I'll go live under a stone for a fortnight.

Comment

You could try not watching it.
        Say that to the Jaconellis.

Forced out of their family home for this pile of tulipe and yet to receive a penny of the 30 grand they have been offered in compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by zoco View Post
          It'll be hard avoiding it though won't it? Every media outlet is going to be milking it...

Perhaps I'll go live under a stone for a fortnight.
          The only place I saw any of the World Cup was on the TV in the chip shop. Which bit of "Don't watch it" is so hard to achieve?

Comment

I think I saw around 10 minutes of coverage of the world cup in total this time round - and that was only while channel hopping. I didn't even know about the 7-1 score until my German colleagues told me.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

My mate has shared a hotel with the Ghanians for the past three weeks and says the frequency of complaints about their nighttime noise has led to a frosty atmosphere/stand-off every morning at breakfast.

Comment

I've generally done this for years, though. But I made an exception and watched a little bit of the London Olympics and rather enjoyed it. And I like a bit of cricket now and again.

But it's really not difficult to avoid.

Comment

Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
                  My mate has shared a hotel with the Ghanians for the past three weeks and says the frequency of complaints about their nighttime noise has led to a frosty atmosphere/stand-off every morning at breakfast.
                  Farting?

Comment

Conducting their social lives in hotel corridors. Loudly.

Nowt mucky, I don't think.

Comment

Working...
                    X