• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Scottish Gas scammers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scottish Gas scammers

Just had a complete lowlife and some good looking bird try to con me into switching to Scottish Gas... knocked on the door 'we are here to check your meter..' then preceded to ask for my name, how long id been there etc. I smelt a rat, so claimed I did'nt think I was with Scottish Gas... so the guy starts a write up a contract - I gave him false details - ('the first thing that will happen is that youll get £53 off your bill') and tries to get me to sign it there and then while his 'assistant' pouts at me.

When I said 'I want to read it first', he snatches it back, rips it up, and offers me a brochure instead.

Fecking scumbags.
    Vieze Oude Man

I had exactly the same with Power Gen. Knock at the door, tells me a complete lie about having a meter charge removed but need to see my last bill.

I reported the bastards to Power Gen.

http://news.billinge.com/2/low/uk_ne...nd/2523577.stm
    First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

Just come back in from the shops are they were driving off in seperate cars... obviously having tried it on with the whole street.

He even had the nerve to mention 'someone dodgy was downstairs, trying all the numbers - looked like a drug addict'.

More like a Scottish Gas scumbag.
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

Report them to energywatch.
        Cats are evil.

Comment

Already done...

Interesting to see that Scottish Power and British Gas, both owned by 'Centrica', are top of the list of complaints....
          Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I worked for Centrica and they were utter, utter tulipe. Didn't know Svcottish power was Centrica though - Also worked for them many moons ago and they were pretty cr@p also.
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Scottish Power PLC have no connection whatsoever with Centrica.

Comment

My mistake - Centrica own Scottish Gas, not Power.
                Vieze Oude Man

Comment

I thought so. I know Scottish Power took over ManWeb but didn't think they had links with Centrica.
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                  X