• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Ryanair victimising innocent citizens of Baltic countries...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ryanair victimising innocent citizens of Baltic countries...

by sending this lot to Latvia.

Ryanair bungle let families board plane to Latvia after missing flight to Spain | Mail Online
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

whilst Ryanair are to blame.... can these fookwits not ready the destination against the gate?

some people just should not be allowed outside a 100 yard radius of their house

Comment

I reckon this is only 50% ryanair's fault, although I doubt O'Leary cares as long as his airline gets in the news.

This should only be possible if the scanner at the gate was not being used as it exists for this very reason. With the exception of the cabin crew check (ryanair staff) all the others would have been done by the handling agent.

The "I could have been a terrorist" argument is bollox as they would have cleared security.

I'm guessing they called the DM as soon as they were put in a taxi judged by the forlorn looking photo op.

Comment

To be fair, when you’re travelling with young children you rely on the directions given by airport/airline staff, whilst a stupid mistake, it shouldn’t have got as far as it did.

Ryanair should have the book thrown at them for negligence, when I travel my boarding card is scanned at the gate, assuming computer says ‘yes’ it’s also checked as I board the plane. Failing two basic security checks is unforgivable

Comment

Aren't boarding passes scanned at the gate? Not sure if this is the case for Ryanair, but a scanner should have rejected them at the gate and told the staff wrong flight

Comment

If the scanner isn't working then they have to eyeball all the values

Name is the same as on the passport - if non EU then check visa
            Correct flight number
            Correct date

For 200-300 odd chavs with screaming kids. Plus it's summer season so a lot of temp staff.

I'm not saying it's excusable but it obviously can happen.

Comment

There are a lot of thick people about, when I was to-ing and fro-ing Leeds-Dublin weekly on Ryanair, one time at Dublin I was chatting to this guy in the queue to board for Leeds, turns out he thought he was in the queue for Genoa, never seen a fat guy run so fast.

He made it though, gotta give him credit.....

Comment

The bastids are lucky they have a passport. Some people just go out of their way to find something to moan about
                (\__/)
                (>'.'<)
                ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
                  Aren't boarding passes scanned at the gate?
                  The scanner probably just shines a red light and goes BEEP after 2 seconds.

Comment

Sounds like a total nightmare. "and were told to catch a taxi to Birmingham Airport" - can you imagine travelling across Birmingham?

Comment

Working...
                    X