• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear : David Cameron in India...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear : David Cameron in India...

"Locals clearly think David Cameron is spot on as he opens a new JCB factory in India - sporting a traditional bindi on his forehead."

"During the trip Mr Cameron will also be making a keynote speech on the global economy, visiting IT and social projects, and viewing the Ghandi Memorial."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

http://www.dcindia06.blogspot.com/

Vieze Oude Man

A lovely couple

First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

I just submitted the following to his blog... doubt it will be 'approved'...

"
      Excellent!

While you are there, can you say hello to all the people who are now performing jobs that used to be based in Britian, such as in IT, call centres and back office work that has seriously undermined the skills base, and therefore competitiveness, of the UK in the long term?

Why do we have an endless stream of UK politicians desperate to encourage India, China and anywhere CHEAPER than the UK, when they are so rarely seen at similar, yet underfunded, projects at home?

The numbers of people studying IT are falling - yet the politicians claim it's a crucial skill for the future. The reason is simple - they see their own representatives encouraging the move of such work to other countries, rather than attempting to make the UK a world leader in such areas.

Come on David, prove me wrong.
      "
      Vieze Oude Man

Comment

He'll probably trot out some lies about globalisation leading to net job creation, opening up of the Indian markets to the UK etc.
        First Law of Contracting: Only the strong survive

Comment

He is a total @rsewipe. If I vote at all in the next election it will have to be green. We don't any other parties round here.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

There's a half page pro-India article written by George Osborne in the Times today
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by mcquiggd
              I just submitted the following to his blog... doubt it will be 'approved'...
              While you are there, can you say hello to all the people who are now performing jobs that used to be based in Britian, such as in IT, call centres and back office work that has seriously undermined the skills base, and therefore competitiveness, of the UK in the long term?

Why do we have an endless stream of UK politicians desperate to encourage India, China and anywhere CHEAPER than the UK, when they are so rarely seen at similar, yet underfunded, projects at home?

The numbers of people studying IT are falling - yet the politicians claim it's a crucial skill for the future. The reason is simple - they see their own representatives encouraging the move of such work to other countries, rather than attempting to make the UK a world leader in such areas.

Come on David, prove me wrong.
              "
              Good stuff.

Comment

I think he looks daft

Comment

He's a clever chap. People think he's out there to promote India and shift jobs there but he's actually trying to kill them all off.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/5315386.stm

A woman was seriously injured after she was in collision with a minibus carrying Conservative aides on David Cameron's four-day trip to India.
                  The minibus was travelling on the Great Eastern Expressway in Mumbai when it struck the young woman at around 12.30pm local time (0800 BST).

Journalists in the bus and Deputy High Commissioner Vicki Treadell reportedly asked the driver to slow down.

The woman appeared dead after the crash but was taken to hospital for surgery.

After the incident, a group of angry people is reported to have gathered around the minibus and the driver was hit several times in the face, suffering cuts and bruises.

A police officer attempted to calm the situation before the minibus could be driven away to a police station.

Comment

Transport has been outsourced to a local provider. This is an example of a highly-skilled public service vehicle operative. We have a shortage of them in the UK. Give him a work permit straight away.
                    Blair, you cannot reach me now,
                    No matter how you try,
                    Goodbye cruel Labour,
                    Your end is nigh.

International Talk Like a Pirate Day

Comment

Working...
                    X